VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just bought a NEX-6. On the camera it has the little metal plate with the model number, which says 60i. That means it should be an NTSC camera. On the box it also says that on the bar code. However when you configure the camera to use AVCHD the options presented are all 50i or 50p, which is PAL. Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	738
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	22878Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	805
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	22879Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	749
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	22880

I attached images of what I am describing.
    Has anyone ever encountered such a thing? Any ideas on a way to change from PAL to NTSC? It wouldn't let me do a flash upgrade because it is running the current/latest version.

Sony is not being helpful at all. I just sent a notice to the company I purchased it from and hope they might replace the camera, but this is a really strange contradiction.
    Quote Quote  
  2. What do you get when you actually record?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like you may have gotten hosed.
    Quote Quote  
  4. or grey market.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  5. I just ordered an HDMI cable to determine if it will play on my TV.
    I'm not sure how else to determine what format it is. Would it be identified correctly by CS5?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sounds a lot like a grey market deal. 42nd st. photo by any chance? they are known to sell no u.s. warranty imported products.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by tchimento View Post
    I just ordered an HDMI cable to determine if it will play on my TV.
    I'm not sure how else to determine what format it is. Would it be identified correctly by CS5?
    CS5, mediainfo is even easier. Post a short clip here if you want others to have a look.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You may also want to make sure you have the correct country/region settings in the camera. Maybe your camera will do both PAL and NTSC, I don't know......
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  9. Does anyone on this list own a NEX-6 that is SUPPOSED to be 50i? I would like to know if the label on the outside of your camera says 50i or not. Just trying to determine if they are selling PAL cameras in the US that are normally labeled 60i, which I know makes no sense. That never stops things from being true
    Quote Quote  
  10. For those that like to track these sort of things:
    Gadget Circuit, the source for the camera, has offered to send me another camera at no charge or to refund my money.
    Sony has agreed to examine the camera at no cost [they are sending me a shipping label] to determine what is going on. The tech support via phone could not confirm that the contradiction between the label and the version of AVCHD in the camera is 'real' so they want to see the camera.

I'm hoping this can be resolved with a properly functioning camera because I got a Great price.

I'll let you all know how this plays out.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hope it works, but you still haven't told us what happens if you ignore the labels for a moment and actually shoot something.
    Quote Quote