VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by KevinCease
    hey heres an update: we are going to digitize the HD footage from the canon and apparently they will be in .m2t file. What is this, and will I be able to edit with it, or are there other steps that I will need to take in order to get this in the best quality possible to hand this off for DVD distribution?
    Probably HDV format. If so it can be edited in most recent editor releases (e.g. Vegas 8/9, PP CS3/4) but many users prefer digital intermediates for serious editing. The .m2t files are already digital.

What camcorder?
    What editor do you have? Computer specs?
    What editing/filtering do you plan to do to the source?
    Will the output be HD or SD?
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  2. I respectfully propose this thread Title be corrected, to direct more readers to your site:
    Kindly rename it:
    Edit TriCaster MPEG2 'StudioQuality' 4:2:2 File in Adobe or?

Background Info:
    NewTek TriCaster Studio (and some other Standard Definition TriCaster models) are able to record audio/video input signal to a NewTek, Inc. proprietary MPEG2 file type that is selected by the user, in either
    -> 4:2:0 color-space (NewTek calls this 'Standard'), or
    -> 4:2:2 color-space (NewTek calls this 'Studio Quality)' and is the preferred choice for recording content that utilizes live chroma-keying (green-screen) on the set, that might be subsequently composited (layered) in an editor.

I'm new here!
    Last edited by VideoHelpUser_; 27th Feb 2015 at 21:11.
    Quote Quote