VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. to say this has been an ongoing problem is an understatement. this has been years of problems. and no one can help me and it seems to be a problem that is absurdly unsolvable. i really cant believe it it enrages me so considering how much of my time ive wasted trying to solve this problem. i want to screen record and edit it in premiere. what a simple thing it is i want to do and yet in good quality this is not able to be done.

ive tried every screen recording software and codec in the galaxy. everything.

i use camtasia hyper cam x264 ut techstudio 2 camstudio no matter what although many record and playback fine in mpc. nothing. nothing cleanly loads and is able to be edited in premiere. WHAT THE HELL.

i suspect i am among many people who have this problem. but its absolutely ridiculous. it makes me want to get rid of my pc and go to mac. why cant premiere load anything properly !! seriously its 2014 and it cant load most avi codecs !!!! seriously. i cant even believe i have this problem.

recently trying x264vfw. doesn't load to premiere. WHAT. ut lhas problems with stuttering once loading. techsmith 2 has problems once loading. its not me its premiere. clearly. so WHAT THE HELL DO I USE. i cant believe premiere just doesn't support the bulk video codecs that are used. why isnt there a way to install all codecs so it can load anything. absolutely ridiculous. anyone want to send me on the standard loop that you've tried multiple times before when ive posted here. i record every day so no im not using vdub to take 4 hours to reencode. after i screen record i just want to load it into premiere and edit it. not a difficult request. although an impossible task it seems.

PLEASE HELP !!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
    Quote Quote  
  2. What are the actual framerates, raster sizes and codecs of your captures?

What version of Premiere are you using?

What is your videocard?

Are you still on the e8400 with 4GB RAM? Probably underpowered.

What better options do you think you're going to find on a mac?
    Quote Quote  
  3. nothing to do with framerate, but i use 30, already mentioned codecs, i use latest premiere it has nothing to do with video card and i dont want to use a mac
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by krohm View Post
    i use latest premiere it has nothing to do with video card and i dont want to use a mac
    So you can't name your version, you don't understand how Premiere leverages the video card, your machine (according to your profile) is underpowered (and you were the one that brought up mac. ) Please post back if you actually want help.

(I'm quoting your original post below in case you decide to edit it later.)

Originally Posted by krohm View Post
    to say this has been an ongoing problem is an understatement. this has been years of problems. and no one can help me and it seems to be a problem that is absurdly unsolvable. i really cant believe it it enrages me so considering how much of my time ive wasted trying to solve this problem. i want to screen record and edit it in premiere. what a simple thing it is i want to do and yet in good quality this is not able to be done.

ive tried every screen recording software and codec in the galaxy. everything.

i use camtasia hyper cam x264 ut techstudio 2 camstudio no matter what although many record and playback fine in mpc. nothing. nothing cleanly loads and is able to be edited in premiere. WHAT THE HELL.

i suspect i am among many people who have this problem. but its absolutely ridiculous. it makes me want to get rid of my pc and go to mac. why cant premiere load anything properly !! seriously its 2014 and it cant load most avi codecs !!!! seriously. i cant even believe i have this problem.

recently trying x264vfw. doesn't load to premiere. WHAT. ut lhas problems with stuttering once loading. techsmith 2 has problems once loading. its not me its premiere. clearly. so WHAT THE HELL DO I USE. i cant believe premiere just doesn't support the bulk video codecs that are used. why isnt there a way to install all codecs so it can load anything. absolutely ridiculous. anyone want to send me on the standard loop that you've tried multiple times before when ive posted here. i record every day so no im not using vdub to take 4 hours to reencode. after i screen record i just want to load it into premiere and edit it. not a difficult request. although an impossible task it seems.

PLEASE HELP !!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
    Quote Quote  
  5. what are you talking about
    this has nothing to do with my computer, nothing
    everyone on the internet is aware of this issue you are just pretending it doesn't exist for some reason, standard internet forum crap
    this is about avi's, every bloody codec listed not loading in premiere. everyone is aware of this, its all over premiere forums and all over the internet.
    gah to your post. what a joke. what video card are you using, lol.
    this is about the video being scattered in premiere or codecs not loading at all, this has nothing to do with my video card. this is a premiere issue with codecs.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  7. thanks for nothing
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by krohm View Post
    every bloody codec listed not loading in premiere.
    You can't even get your story straight.

ut lhas problems with stuttering once loading. techsmith 2 has problems once loading.
    Stuttering is an indication that your computer simply isn't powerful enough to deal with the video (hence the earlier questions about frame size, frame rate, and computer). Premiere is an editor, not a media player, so it isn't optimized for playback. You can still edit and save the video. The final output shouldn't stutter.
    Quote Quote  
  9. its not an issue with the pc. its 3g duel core 4gb ram and a nvidia geforce 630. not a beast but not a slouch to be loading in few hundred meg screen recordings of my desktop. seriously. it aint the pc. after loading it gives not stuttering i guess, but like the video is all over the place..

not stuttering, it like goes all blurry, blotches of the video goes all over, and just weird sht.. ill upload a vid of what it records as and how it looks in premiere and how it obviously outputs..

test2 is how it records http://www.mediafire.com/watch/4rsuywr3ns2d9vd/test2.avi
    test2 output is how it looks and edits in premiere http://www.mediafire.com/watch/522t95cmn0irsnc/test2_output.mpeg

its these codecs. tech smith 2 at 30 frames.. the file sizes are small as, like a gig an hour. so only loading in a couple of gig if that..

there are other reports about this on the web i post here and everyone just sais reencode using vdub but thats not a solution for me as im not reencoding for hours after encoding when ill be screen recording daily.

someone else try screen recording with tech smith codec 2.. x264 doesnt load to premiere. and ut has problems but isnt really a viable option considering massive file size.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Techsmith (Camtasia) appears to have some very explicit instructions. I obviously don't know whether you've seen them or not but the link is here:
    https://feedback.techsmith.com/techsmith/topics/how_do_you_work_with_video_between_cam...adobe_premiere

Tutorial: http://bellunevideo.com/tutvideo.php?tutid=17

Quoted:

Camtasia Studio and Adobe Premiere Workflow Overview
    Kelly Rush, TechSmith Marketing Video Production

Here is my overall process for getting screen video from Camtasia Studio Recorder, into Adobe Premiere, and then back out into Camtasia Studio Editor.

1. Record the screen with Camtasia Studio Recorder. It’s best to make sure to set Recorder to use the AVI format, rather than CAMREC (Camtasia Studio’s native format), as it will save you the trouble of having to extract an AVI file from the CAMREC for Premiere to use. Adobe Premiere also uses a project-centric paradigm, wherein all settings are decided before you begin working; many of these settings cannot be changed, including the resolution of the video. Keep in mind your planned final resolution for the video, and to avoid stretching and interpolation (“blurriness”) of the final video, make sure to use a capture resolution equivalent to the final production’s resolution. (for example, if the final produced video will be 640 x 360, then initial capture resolutions of 1280 x 720 and 1920 x 1080 would both be acceptable capture dimensions) Make sure to use the TSCC codec to maintain an uncompressed source video.

2. Depending on how particular you are with the quality of your video, this can be an optional step. Before I bring any video into Adobe Premiere, I first bring it into Camtasia Studio, set the project up with the same dimensions as the final video, and do all of the zoom/pan editing work. This will ensure that your video quality is absolutely sharp and clear. If you skip this step, simply resizing the video in Adobe Premiere will cause the video to become scaled and blurry. Once this is done, produce your video out again as a new TSCC AVI file.

3. Start your new project in Adobe Premiere. Once again, make sure you set the project dimensions to the resolution of your final produced video. You will likely also want to use 1.0 pixel aspect ratio, as this is the ratio that Camtasia Studio videos assume (otherwise stretching will likely occur). Additionally, set the project audio (if there is any) to 44Khz (it is 48KHz by default), because Camtasia Studio works better with that audio frequency. Import your TSCC-encoded AVI file into Adobe Premiere like any other video. Drop the file on the timeline, and edit it as normal. Assuming your content is all screen video*, produce the final cut out once again as a new TSCC-encoded AVI file. *If your video contains live/camera portions of video, you will have to decide if you have enough temporary space to work with. TSCC-encoded camera video is EXTREMELY large. Another option is the Microsoft WMV format. With a high bitrate, the quality should be very close to uncompressed or TSCC-encoded AVI files, though there will be some facet of compression on the picture.

4. Import your new TSCC-encoded AVI file back into Camtasia Studio. Drop the file on the timeline, and again set your project dimensions to the dimensions of the final, produced video. Produce your video to whatever format you need/want (MP4 is the most common nowadays), et voila! You should have a very high-quality, final, produced video.
    Last edited by smrpix; 19th Jun 2014 at 13:36.
    Quote Quote  
  11. It looks to me like there is a bug in techsmith's VFW decoder. It delivers a lot of errors with some programs. AviSynth's AviSource() has problems with it.
    Quote Quote  
  12. yeah i create a custom a custom sequence from the clip but the resolution is the same as the screen recording. and the audio is already set to 44 and it is being recorded as avi. nothing else was really mentioned there re this problem in premiere. ive posted a sample video of what specifically is happening.

well what other codecs should i be thinking about. why cant premiere just support x264 seriously wtf. or all codecs for that matter or at least the ones that are commonly used. unbelievable that i am unable to resolve this problem.

any solutions , what can i do here
    Quote Quote  
  13. krohm, I downloaded both of your clips and they play in MPC-HC without any obvious artifacting errors except that they look sped up. Further, the mpeg loads into Premiere CC with no issues (the avi does not load at all.)

FWIW, I converted your avi to mp4 using handbrake (with its x.264 encoder) and that also loaded fine into Premiere. Maybe try handbrake to do your conversion? Am I correct in assuming you are currently outputting your x.264 directly from camtasia? Are your drivers and codecs up to date? Maybe there is a 32bit vs 64bit issue?
    Quote Quote  
  14. they aren't sped up i'm just fast with the mouse : )

i don't want to convert every video i record as ill be recording everyday and they are 1-3 gig files that are 1-3 hours of footage so converting and then loading to edit isn't an option. i need to load straight to premiere from the record.

the avi loads to premiere pro cc 7 for me.. not sure why it doesn't for you
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by krohm View Post
    they aren't sped up i'm just fast with the mouse : )
    I suspected as much, that's why I was careful to say "looked."

the avi loads to premiere pro cc 7 for me.. not sure why it doesn't for you
    You probably have a current techsmith codec on your system. I loaded one I found on their site, but it didn't make any difference. (So I promptly unloaded it.) That's what led me to think it might be a 32 bit / 64 bit issue, or a bug in the codec as jagabo suggests. It could also be that Premiere and Camtasia are fighting for resources and the order they were installed makes a difference -- but I'm on very speculative ground here.
    Quote Quote  
  16. can't see how it can be a x64/x32 issue. but i don't know. seems like a buggy codec that doesn't load in premiere..

what codec can i use. so annoying. x264vfw doesn't load to premiere. fcking adobe, aghhh
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by krohm View Post
    why cant premiere just support x264 seriously wtf.
    It probably does if you have a VFW x264 decoder. Try ffdshow.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    krohm, I downloaded both of your clips and they play in MPC-HC without any obvious artifacting errors except that they look sped up.
    The MPEG clip is full of artifacts. Watch the top left cards in frames 161 to 167 -- as the small blue cards move over the face-up cards droppings are left behind.

Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Premiere CC...the avi does not load at all.
    You need a tsc2 decoder.

https://support.techsmith.com/entries/22849238-Camtasia-Studio-Download-the-TSC2-standalone-codec

Warning: there's no uninstall option.
    Quote Quote  
  19. ok i installed ffdshow and now when recording in x264vfw it now loads in premiere ! awesome..

but its all sped up when loaded.. i have it set to 30 frames but didn't change any settings in configuration of it,..

Click image for larger version

Name:	x264 main.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	25841Click image for larger version

Name:	x264 analysis.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	25840Click image for larger version

Name:	x264 rate.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	25842

should i change anything to resolve this issue.. what could be the problem...
    Quote Quote  
  20. what does mediainfo (view=>text) say about the recording ?

what does premiere "think" the fps of the file is ? you might have to interpet the footage
    Quote Quote  
  21. Format : AVI
    Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
    File size : 12.1 MiB
    Duration : 1mn 53s
    Overall bit rate : 894 Kbps

Video
    ID : 0
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4.0
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 3 frames
    Codec ID : H264
    Duration : 1mn 52s
    Bit rate : 530 Kbps
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 30.000 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.009
    Stream size : 7.12 MiB (59%)
    Writing library : x264 core 130 r2273kMod b3065e6
    Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x13 / me=umh / subme=7 / psy=1 / fade_compensate=0.00 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=2 / lookahead_threads=2 / sliced_threads=1 / slices=2 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc=crf / mbtree=0 / crf=23.0000 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00

Name:  premiere.jpg
Views: 1031
Size:  17.6 KB

interpret the footage ?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mediainfo x264.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	25844  

Quote Quote  
  22. Is it really 1min 53 sec ?

Premiere "thinks" it's 7 min 25 sec

To interpret the footage, you would right click the clip in the clip bin, and select the interpret option. This overrides what premiere "thinks" the clip is . For example you can change parameters like the field order , or fps, aspect ratio, etc.... . It won't help here, the duration is messed up and it thinks the fps is 30
    Quote Quote  
  23. oops sorry ye it is 1.53, that was another recording of x264 another test that is same codec settings problem etc, but 7.53..
    Quote Quote  
  24. interpret ? i dont see this option,...
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by krohm View Post
    interpret ? i dont see this option,...
    Sorry it's modify=>interpret

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/modifying-clip-properties-interpret-footage.html

Eitherway, I can tell you right away it's not going to help your specific case . It already agrees the FPS is 30. But the duration is off. It's useful for other cases
    Quote Quote  
  26. duration is off cause i checked diff video but it is the same codec same settings etc..
    Quote Quote  
  27. yea so why is it doing this, why is it speeding up the video in premiere...

what can be done,..
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by krohm View Post
    duration is off cause i checked diff video but it is the same codec same settings etc..
    then post the correct matching information for the same video

try it again
    Quote Quote  
  29. Did you capture with those x264vfw settings? I find it hard to believe you didn't drop a ton of frames with the CPU you have.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!