VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I capture HDV, edit it with Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 and render it out, the picture is all funky looking, or when it gets put it onto DVD it's all distorted or the video is blank!!! PLEASE help me out here!

My setup:
    Sony HDR-HC3, capturing with 1394 IEEE firewire.
    Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5, using the CineForm HDV codec.
    P4 3.0 GHZ, 1.0 gb ddr ram.

I understand that you cannot put HDV onto a regular DVD. However, I want to get the best looking picture possible. (Hence the fact that I blew $1500 on a High Definition Camcorder.) Please respond with some sort of help!!! I'm in dire need!

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    distorted? how?

so you render to dvd mpeg with premiere pro? and authoring and burning with?
    are you exporting to NTSC?
    does the burned dvd work on your computer with a software player?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It seems as if the aspect ratio is incorrect. (i.e. It's competely square instead of widescreen.) It's also blipping every few seconds. Very odd. Even before I put it on DVD it looks like that. The footage looks the same on the dvd whether I play it on my tv or my pc.

After exporting to dvd mpeg i use tmpgenc dvd source creator and dvd author to get it onto a dvd, which to me seems like it lessens the quality of the footage. If there is a better program or method of getting it from premiere to dvd, please let me know. Thanks again.

P.S. I love Baldrick.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've tried rendering out at different aspect ratios but they all don't look right. The only way I could get it to have the right ratio was to capture it as microsoft dv avi. The quality, compared to HDV, is horrible. I won't be back to respond to this for about 8 hours.
    Quote Quote