VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to put this years digital photos on to a CD rom so that i can play them back in my DVD player.

For eg. I have several folders ie. Holiday one Holiday two etc and would like to access these using my DVD tpo play back the Photos.

What software can do this for me and how.

Any idea guys

Cheers

Martin
    Quote Quote  
  2. So far I've tried "Ulead DVD Picture Show", "Vegas Video 3.0", and "Roxio WinOnCD 5". I've gotten it to work with the last one, only it's been very picky, and I burnt 30 coasters before I got it to work (and that's after about 20 rewrites on a cd-rw).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Just burned a test CD with Ulead's Picture show. easy to use but many things need improvement. I did not like the way that each "slide show" run continuously no good way to jump ahead. Differing results on different DVD players:

a)APEX 660a Will not work
    b)Daewoo 500N works but anoying click in music when the slide advances.
    c)Sony works well can pause image from advancing

Picture quality is very good. from the disk structure it seems to create a MPG file for each "slide show". Can't figure out what it is doing. the picture quality looks too good for 320x240. Wish I knew what they were doing. My output from Media studio pro 5.2 does not look that good.

Conclusion:

I'm going to stick with Nero...

You can blend video and stills. You can control the picture advance with the DVD remote better. Easy to use, but only one menu level (a pain). I hope they improve this soon.

Regrets
    The menus on "picture show" look great. Nero is very plain.

I will miss the background sound. What I really want is the ability to put a sound file with each image file, the narration. Perhaps someday.....
    Quote Quote  
  4. I to tried Ulead DVD Picture Show and found that i was limited (trial version) to 10 images per folder. I have asked Ulead to clarify this for me as i admit i have the trial version. But as i have Nero and use to if and use it before i think i will be staying with Nero for now
    Quote Quote