VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is it normal for them to be out of synch when you fastforward through a SVCD? Havent tried watching the disc straight through, but on a pioneer (not sure of model off hand) and an apex 3201... the audio lags about 1 second behind the video after fast-forwarding. Or do you guys think it could be my SVCD i made? Thanx in advance for any input.
    Quote Quote  
  2. UPDATE:

It slowly goes out of sych while playing through the SVCD. Maybe it's the way i'm encoding? Im using bbMPEG through the FlaskMPEG. I'm going by this persons website: http://members.aol.com/grandcrouton2/bbmpeg.html

Or maybe its my DVD player (Apex 3201). I read a comment about a sych problem with SVCD on that list... but since there was only one comment...

Any help would be much appreciated. I can still return the DVD player if I decide so please any help soon would be great. Thanx again.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I think your bitrate is peaking over 2600 kbit per second.
    Encode with lower bitrate or check the bitrate with bitrateviewer from teco, http://www.tecoltd.com/bitratev.htm.
    Quote Quote  
  4. A high bit rate affects the synch'ing?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes, keep it under 2600
    Quote Quote  
  6. OK, will try that. Thanx.
    Quote Quote  
  7. bitrate is below 2600...
    Quote Quote  
  8. How are you muxing - I mux with BBMPeg, and my friend with a 3201 and myself with a 333 have not seen any problems on the SVCDs.... I FF all the time on the Pioneer 333, and we tested a sample VCD, interlaced SVCD, and progressive SVCD with FF on the 3201....
    Quote Quote  
  9. Sorry, i'm still new at this... but what is "muxing"? the method i've been using is in that website i posted up earlier. it does create a non-compliant svcd... perhaps thats the problem?

Oh, i ended up buying a 500w APEX also... synch is perfect, but image quality on the 3201 is MUCH better. so i think i will stick with the 3201 and hope for a solution or a firmware fix...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Well, i just ripped "Broken Arrow" and created a SVCD. It doesnt seem to lose synch on the 3201... i neglected to mention the movie i was complaining about earlier was "The Matrix". Perhaps it has to do with the DVD itself?.....
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hey that's funny; the one I'm killin myself over is also the matrix. A divx (originally as received) just over 800 MB. When I watch it first looks odd in the beginning when trinity is being chased up and down the small roofs and then gets BAD when neo meets the people at his apt (girl w/white rabbit) and I have encoded and re-encoded with 545234 different utils and get the same thing. The files look fine on my pc but go outta sync when I watch on my ge 1101p.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'll try to do T2 or Aliens next. Perhaps its just the way Matrix is done.
    Quote Quote