VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. I want to join many dv movie files i have captured from Premiere, to make them all one dv file. How can this be done and is it lossless?
    Can someone tell me how to make the export of the joined files cause i seem to be lost in Premiere CS5 settings!
    Quote Quote  
  2. VirtualDub, lossless:

File -> Open Video File
    File -> Append Avi Segment (as many times as necessary, sequentially numbered segments will auto append)
    Video -> Direct Stream Copy
    File -> Save as AVI
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanx jagabo but im looking for a way to do this in Adobe Premiere CS5 !
    Quote Quote  
  4. Add the clips to a timeline that matches the frame rate and aspect ratio of the clips, and export them as DV. No reencoding necessary. This is how Premiere works.
    Quote Quote  
  5. How do i export them as DV thats what i can't figure out, what settings should i use?
    Quote Quote  
  6. You export as DV-PAL or DV-NTSC to match the frame rate, raster size and aspect ratio of your source. Your output will be un-reencoded DV avi files.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    You export as DV-PAL or DV-NTSC to match the frame rate, raster size and aspect ratio of your source. Your output will be un-reencoded DV avi files.
    In export (in Premiere CS5) there is no DV setting, or am i mistaking?
    Quote Quote  
  8. select timeline
    then File -> Export -> Media :
    In format select Microsoft AVI or AVI

Click image for larger version

Name:	P_E.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	27070
    Quote Quote  
  9. The is no avi format available!
    Quote Quote  
  10. What options you have?
    can you make screenshot of options?
    Quote Quote  
  11. this is what i see!
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	export options.png
Views:	120
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	27073  

Quote Quote  
  12. OK because its mac version
    you can save as QuickTime DV
    same quality but in QuickTime
    Quote Quote  
  13. Just simply selecting Quicktime? No other special settings?
    Quote Quote  
  14. the Quicktime preset you mean?
    Quote Quote  
  15. many thanx!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  16. I did the joining, but the outcoming file was a little sharper than the original. Is that right? Is it some setting i must tune so that it doesnt make it sharper without my consent?
    Quote Quote  
  17. What you select in Quicktime preset?
    Can you post original and render sample jpg?
    Quote Quote  
  18. In one screenshot you can see what options are selected. In the other pic, its a preview of the two qualities. In the numbers its clearly visible!
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dv joining.png
Views:	128
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	27087  

Image Attached Images  
    Quote Quote  
  19. Try render 1 min test with Render at Maximum Depth selected
    and see if it change anything
    Quote Quote  
  20. You are probably previewing at less than full resolution when you are editing. You may be the first poster on this site to complain that your output is better than you hoped.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No, it's that silly Quicktime thing with DV where it sometimes defaults to viewing/saving at 1/2 quality. Always, always, always make sure that "Use Maximum Render Quality" is checked.

<RANT>It's 2014, why can't/won't Apple get Quicktime's SHIT TOGETHER!!!?? DAR/PAR aperture nonsense, Gamma shift nonsense, 16bit dithered to 8bit, no true end-to-end 64bit codecs/architecture, DV "quality" choices, chroma upsampling problems, problems with VBR audio, old apple-centric nomenclature, slow loads/renders, not-fully-cross-platform WRT features/codecs, no MPEG4-ASP, MKV?, codecs for AVI?.....It's no wonder some people hate it.</RANT>

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 10th Nov 2014 at 13:27.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by zoranb View Post
    In the other pic, its a preview of the two qualities. In the numbers its clearly visible!
    The lower image has been blend deinterlaced, the upper not. You need to figure out whether the problem is in the video files themselves or the way you are viewing or exporting images.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    The lower image has been blend deinterlaced, the upper not.
    The lower image is the original that was captured first. The upper is after the joining!

Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    You need to figure out whether the problem is in the video files themselves or the way you are viewing or exporting images.
    How can i see what setting caused the deinterlacing?
    Quote Quote  
  24. If you're viewing in Quicktime. Go to Window/Show Movie Properties Select the Video Track, choose the Visual Settings tab, and be sure High Quality is checked in the lower right.
    Quote Quote  
  25. If you converting for viewing purpose
    better convert to H264 (MP4)
    benefit is smaller size files and playable on other devices like TV, tablets, DVD players...
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post
    If you converting for viewing purpose
    benefit is smaller size files and playable on other devices like TV, tablets, DVD players...
    That does NOT address the need the OP had:
    I want to join many dv movie files i have captured from Premiere, to make them all one dv file
    @zoranb, Go back through this post, ignoring most posts from roma_turok (who, while he has at times good things to say, is way off multiple times on this thread - sorry roma) and pay attention to everything smrpix has said, and you should be fine.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post
    If you converting for viewing purpose
    That does NOT address the need the OP had:
    I want to join many dv movie files i have captured from Premiere, to make them all one dv file
    @zoranb, Go back through this post, ignoring most posts from roma_turok (who, while he has at times good things to say, is way off multiple times on this thread - sorry roma) and pay attention to everything smrpix has said, and you should be fine.

Scott
    I know what he's wanted
    I asked If his converting for viewing purpose
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    But he's not "converting", he's "combining".
    And for quality reasons, he should combine them as DV. Then, and only then, should he convert a copy to h264, etc. for portable viewing purposes.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!