VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is anyone familiar with these? Are they a good product, for $300.00 a pair? Is there any glaring negatives about them? Please advise, as i am interested in them, but since the current models are the first generation, maybe it would be a good idea to wait till the second generation.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    I have reviewed the glasses
    Check it out to see all four styles, 3 different lenses and a quick test of the glasses.
    Maybe my review can help you decide!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlnSQJQhZcA
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I saw this post and registered just to respond. The video is so so. The audio has some sort of preset noise gate so it only picks up loud audio. Normal conversation it cuts in and out.
    worst of all: Lens poorly aligned with glasses. So, you always shoot high. Often missed just what I was looking right at. Only if you perched them out on the end of your nose. When I called and emailed support, I got "some chick in Colorado" Clearly a low level employee. All she could say about any of these issues I mention was that I must be doing something wrong. I bought 2 pair at the same time. Although I've tried them in lots of POV such as: working on my backhoe (missed the actual hoe). feeding pet wild deer by hand (missed the actual hand and mouth shot). I bought them to use in a live band stage situation.(except for long shot they miss the real action I was affter.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Ever think of TILTING the glasses?!!

And, you bought 2 - without reviews or personal testing?!!

It's called caveat emptor for a reason.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    if you can't tell that I would have tried tilting them. I'll just drop out of this forum.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't like the glasses. I bought a pair, and i could tell the FOV was bad. It's hard to get a clear, good shot at something. I wish there was a way to use the glasses with a tablet or smartphone, to use as a view finder, so you can be sure that you are shooting the scene and everything you want is in view. I even tried to attach an external wide-angle lens, that stays on with adhesive tape, to see if that would expand the FOV. It didn't do such a good job. The person or persons who designed them needed to get the FOV right. That is the glaring weakness of the glasses. We all were believing the hype, and we got pwned! I understand there is a new version coming out, called Pivothead Smart glasses. I would hope they would fix the FOV issues. Before i bought them, i should have gone on youtube and played the video where a person was riding a go-kart, and was testing the Pivotheads out against the Go Pro. The Go Pro clearly has a beautiful, Wide-Angle lens. It captured soo much of the race. The Pivotheads just caught glimpses, like you were filming through a tunnel. Sad. There are different glasses out there that do the same thing as the Pivotheads. They will take video and still shots. They don't have the time-lapse feature, though. I bet they don't cost $300, either. Maybe i'll enquire about them, find out about the FOV, and buy a pair if the FOV is better than the Pivotheads.
    Quote Quote