VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys, I'm new here, so forgive my potential noobness. I'm right now looking into building a multipurpose HTPC, that can function as a media receiver and can be used to play PC games. Here en-lies the problem, I'm looking to build this computer to output 7.1 audio, as well as receive A/V input. The A/V inputs being RF, Composite, S-Video, VGA, Component, and HDCP Compliant HDMI. Also able to output in those same video ranges if need be too. So the problem with the build as it stands now is finding the right sound-card, and the right A/V input cards that have the low latency needed to use this PC as a theater receiver. Also what adapters can I use to convert Video outputs to the older Analog ones? This computer is going to be used for PC games, TV box DVR, Theater Receiver, and Media server.

Help please, I am at a dead end.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Everything you want is do-able except this "Input HDCP Compliant HDMI". AFAIK.
    Why do you need to convert your output to older analog types?? as surely you will be outputting eithet to a PC monitor or a HDTV with HDMI?

list your inputs +sources and needed outputs and required storage
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The older outputs are for an older CRT HD 1080i TV I have that is for the old game consoles I have that have light-guns that need to read scan lines.
    Quote Quote