VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I downloaded a few files that had a .Webm extention and cannot play it without the video being awful. By that I mean the audio is fine but the video is only freeze frames every 5-10 seconds or so of what the video actually is.

My main video software I use is MPC-HC 64-bit, along with FFDshow .I also use VLC media player for the files that I can't seem to play correctly. Same issues with the video occured in VLC as well.

If anyone can shed any light on how I can get these awful files to play correctly if possible, what I have to download if anything I would greatly appreciate it.

Version of MPC - MPC-HC 1.6.2.4437 64-bit (latest)

Version of ffdshow - ffdshow_rev4382_20120312_clsid_x64

VLC Version - VLC media player 2.0.1 Twoflower
    Quote Quote  
  2. Maybe the videos are corrupted? Or maybe problem with your download?

How do you know the video is supposed to play "properly"?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Maybe the videos are corrupted? Or maybe problem with your download?

How do you know the video is supposed to play "properly"?
    Well they are videos from a youtube channel that all other videos that arent webm are fine.

I even read the comments and no one said anything about it not playing correctly. It even plays that way in my browser too...

youtube video link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40D7HofaZog
    Quote Quote  
  4. You probably have an incompatibility between your DirectShow Webm reader/splitter filter and the codecs. You can try using LAV filters instead of Google's reader/splitter. Or vice versa.

https://www.videohelp.com/tools/LAV-Filters
    Quote Quote  
  5. Sorry if I wasn't specific enough, it even plays with the same problems in my browser too... I just asked a friend of mine to try to view it in his browser/players and he said it played perfect for him in everything except mpc-hc...

I use CoreAVC and CoreAAC . Isn't the LAV filters similar to the CoreAVC? Where do I get these particular 64-bit LAV filters?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Directshow isssue may explain his observations for MPCHC, but that doesn't explain his observations with VLC
    Quote Quote  
  7. Maybe a DXVA problem. Try Windows GDI ouput in VLC. I have no problem playing the Webm video that was linked to. I used FireFox, WMP 12, MPCHC 64, VLC, KMPlyer and PotPlayer. I have LAV filters installed as the Webm reader/splitter.
    Last edited by jagabo; 20th Apr 2012 at 13:20.
    Quote Quote  
  8. is there anyway to export all my settings and config of mpc-hc to post so maybe the problem can be recognized here?
    Quote Quote  
  9. @jagabo boom. that fixed it man. I installed the LAV filters and set it to play vp8 and webm stuff for now on. What do you think the problem was and what should I remove/do to make sure I don't run into any more problems?
    Quote Quote  
  10. I don't know exactly what the problem is. I would just stick with LAV filters until other reader/splitter filters get fixed. You might also want to update VLC if you don't have a recent build. I'm running version 2.0.1.
    Quote Quote