VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm looking for at good and fast software for mac like MKV Tool....that i can load a MKV file and choose which audio track and subtitle and after that make a new mkv file. Anyone know which one ??

Also i need a software that can load m2ts files do things like above ......

plz help
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure why you'd want to keep the mkv as mkv on a Mac. I use MP4Tools (from emmgun), drop the mkv file into it, select which tracks I want, optionally add a subtitle (if there isn't one I want already there as a separate track), and have it convert the parts I want to H264/AAC in an m4v container. I then rename the extension to .mp4 so iTunes doesn't intercept it when I double-click the file. Quality is as good as the original (IMHO) and I can stream it to my AppleTV or WDTV player.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Found out....MKVtoolnix works very fine and handle mkv and m2ts files very fine. I need a mkv file because i'm play them on a media player on my tv.....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rumplestiltskin View Post
    Not sure why you'd want to keep the mkv as mkv on a Mac.
    The only time I have problems with MKVs on my Mac is if I try to play them through Quicktime (with Perian installed). I'll admit I haven't attempted to do much editing/converting of any MKVs on my Mac, but if I do, I have AVIDemux and Handbrake around.

For viewing them, I use MPlayerX, with VLC as a fallback player (but I've never really had to use it for that purpose...).
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote