VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I have a question that I really hope someone can help me. I run a video site & I am having problems with people taking my content and removing my watermarks. How can I protect my media (wmv’s) from not being edited by others? I have seen this done before but I don’t now how to do it? The program I encode with is: Ulead VS 7

Thanks to anyone who can help!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Short answer - you can't. You can limit who has access by putting DRM protection on it (probably requires license frees being paid to Microsoft, using WME to encode etc), and as WMV DRM has already been hacked, will only slow someone who want to use down by a few minutes. In short, it is the same as asking how to copy protect your DVD. If the big boys can't, neither can you. If you don't want your video screwed with, don't put it out there.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Peeps can always screen cap, too.

Here's my attitude on internet releases:

Here it is world...Take it freely and use it for what it's worth...and maybe, if I'm lucky, I'll see it incorporated in something else one sweet day.
    Goodnight and goodluck
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I guess my vids http://www.onlyfreemovies.com/ are all free game then huh?

I was thinking of embedding them into the page, but then people can’t download them and pass them out.

I found a video where they did something to the wmv file that when you try to load it into an video editor it comes up with an error saying missing index and it won't load? Any ideas on how to do that?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like the file was corrupted. Typically, when the index is missing, you can't FF, RW, or seek.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote