VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Which DVD player is the best?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone can recommend a free DVD player? low memory usage and sharp pictures. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I use VLC Media Player and Zoom player. They are both freeware players. Zoom does have a payware pro version. I use them for playing most all files, not DVD in particular. They both have a DVD mode and lots of settings for configuration.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Media Player Classic is also pretty good and handles most menus reasonably well. Personally, I haven't foudn any of them to be a match for a good standalone player for image quality. I have PowerDVD on home desktop, and WinDVD on my laptop, and while they are acceptable, they are still a little soft and grainy.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    SPAM

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning.
    / Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Blaze DVD Player is capable of supporting multiple formats. Media Player Classic is very slow when starting up. I prefer using Blaze but have no experience with PowerDVD and WinDVD. Anyone heard Cool DVD Player?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Koolplaya : http://koolplaya.de/

You just need to install some filters ... sub filter , ac3 filter , and freedvdcodec ... which I think has become extinct as I have not seen it about ... though there are other's about in the tool's section and those available at koolplaya's website .

For 98 , 98se , me ... same filters installed , and good old ifoedit (sp2 for xp issue - use koolplaya instead)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Cool DVD is not bad.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Media Player Classic is very slow when starting up
    On my humble system it is pretty much instantaneous to start up, and the same to load and play a DVD.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote