VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, it's my first time here and I wasn't sure where was best to post this question so hopefully it's ok to post in this section.

Hi, I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8 digital camera and for some time now I have noticed that when I load up pics and videos, if the cord moves even just a touch, the upload will cancel out and ask me try again. I know it is very sensitive and try not to go near it when it is uploading because last week when I uploaded a video, the cord was touched and it knocked out the upload and I was unable to watch the video that I was uploading. It is like it corrupts the video or something along those lines.

Yesterday I took some videos of an important family event and when I was loading them onto the pc, the dog just gently brushed by the camera cord and knocked out the upload. I clicked the button to "try upload again" and again is started up and resumed uploading. When I went to view the vids, the most important one is not working. It comes up with message box from windows media player saying "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file" and the video screen just says "media changing". If I click on the "web help" button it takes me to a page about this :
    Windows Media Player C00D11B1

which seems to be all about sound issues which I dont think is relevant but I dont know much about this sort of thing...

I REALLY need to recover this video. If I click on properties on the video it says it is 374 MB so i'm guessing that somewhere in there is my video. Can anyone help please please please? Also, I'm not a professional tech person so please use dumbo terms so I can understand.
    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try first play it with another player like VLC Media Player.

If it fails then try open the video in avidemux and mpeg streamclip. If it works you can try save it as new mov or mp4.

If everything fails you can use the video repair tool, you open the corrupt mov and a working mov from the camera. It will try repair half the movie. If it works you must buy the full version to repair the full movie.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello Baldrick and thanks for the help. the first 2 options unfortunately did not work but the third option shows me half my video in the preview which I'm very pleased about. Now I just have to scrape together some Euro's to pay them! Many thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote