VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys,

I am kind of new to this, so please bare with me. There are some rmvb files I want to convert into mpeg2 so that I can use my MovieFactory3SE to create DVD from them. I tried Super converter, some of them worked but some just refuse to convert and showed error.

In Super, I tried using mencoder and the conversion would just stop in the middle, showing mencoder.exe crashed error. If I re-try, it happens in exactly the same place everytime as I review the output file.

I then tried ffmpeg (with and without 'Use DirectShow'), which just stopped in the beginning and created a 0 byte file with error. The strange thing is if I 'disable Audio' it will convert alright.

Here's the information of the file in Super.

General #0
    CompleteName : C:\Files\Alex\Japan Cartoon\Fixed29.rmvb
    FileSize/String : 222 MiB
    Format/String : Real Media Format
    OveralBitRate/String : 702 Kbps
    PlayTime/String : 580h 33mn
    Copyright : (C) 2006

Video #0
    Codec/String : RealVideo 4
    Codec/Info : RealVideo 9
    BitRate/String : 574 Kbps
    Width : 512
    Height : 384
    AspectRatio/String : 4/3
    FrameRate/String : 24 fps
    Resolution : 12
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.122
    Delay : 0
    PlayTime/String : 43mn 50s

Audio #0
    Codec/String : AAC
    Codec/Info : Real Audio 10 AAC (RAAC)
    BitRate/String : 128 Kbps
    Channel(s)/String : 2 channels
    SamplingRate/String : 44 KHz
    Delay : 0
    Video0_Delay : 0
    PlayTime/String : 43mn 51s

Can some one give me some help, please?

Cheers,
    Alex
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I recently had to encode to MPEG2 such a file (RM with AAC audio) using Avisynth + CCE (the most 'clean' method). The problem was that AAC audio was not found by Avisynth and I had to decode it to wav separately using EO Video (FFDShow gave one of its audio decoders, not DShow type as I guess). I used original sample rate and linear mode in EO Video, then processed in SoundForge.
    Opened the video stream in AviSynth as Direct Show Source (RealAlternative installed), added cropping (to remove letterboxing), resizing and sent it to CCE. Both streams were in synch after encoding. You'll find the link to RM/AviSynth manual in the post above.
    Quote Quote