VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    does anyone use GQ (great quality) CD-r media from frys? these last 2 batchs i have bought recently have been giving me errors. i use them with NERO most of the time. whenever i try and burn a VCD/SVCD i get this "no seek complete" error. i never got this before. i use nero 5578. if anybody has any info for me it will be greatly appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  2. i'm having the same problem. before, i was using Nero 5.5.7.8, and it was working perfectly fine with all the CD-R(W)s i put in it.

my CD-Rs are the 700MB Circuit City brand.
    my CD-RWs are the 700MB Memorex brand, which burns only at 4x.

both of these brands worked perfectly fine. then during one burning session, when i was burning onto my CD-RW, Nero just stops burning and says "No Seek Complete". the Nero website said it had to do with the brand of the CD-R(W).

well, this confused me because, how can a Circuit City CD-R be better than a *MEMOREX* CD-RW?

i knew this had to be a mistake. so i upgraded to 5.5.9.0. same problem. i upgraded to 5.5.9.17, which is the latest. still the same problem.

anyone have any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  3. well, i tried converting the .mpg to bin/cue with vcdimager. then i tried burning that bin/cue with nero, fireburner, and diskjuggler. none of them would burn it.

so, i'm starting to think that i've probably changed the settings to my burner somewhere.

by the way, i have a Sony CRX175E.
    Quote Quote