VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was looking at video essentials for Sony Vegas Pro today and saw two things that I really like. I don't want to pay $160 for two little effects though. One was found on VE III and the other was on part IV. The one on three that I could really use is the spotlight effect and the one on IV is the slideshow effect. Is there any place out there where I can find these two effects for free or cheaper than $160 for 2 effects.
    Last edited by ingeborgdot; 11th Jan 2011 at 13:40.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Spotlight could be done with the cookie cutter, some masking and a blur. None of examples in the clip seemed all that difficult.

Slideshow could be done manually, but it would be slow going. You might be able to do it with a mixture of avisynth and SelectEvery() to get the frames you want as a clip, then use the Velocity Envelope in Vegas to slow the playback down.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Keep an eye out at Creative Cow magazine (online) - they recently had a giveaway of Boris effects. It may still be available.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Man, I may just have to break down and buy that stuff. One effect I need $79. Getting it, priceless.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I believe that wax contains video effects that are integratable with Vegas Pro.
    Quote Quote