VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

I’ve recently bought an usb memory stick that, besides a mass storage device, can also run apps without installing in the pc.

I have found out there is a portable version of Audacity, but can’t find anything else video/audio related.

The apps that I most use are VirtualDubMod, Tmpgenc, TDA, DVDLab Pro, and EncWavtoAC3, plus Gspot and VideoHelp bitrate calculator.

Do you know if there are similar apps that can be run from a memory stick?

TIA.
    They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety. (Benjamin Franklin).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I carry a portable version of audacity, firefox 2 and VLC, all from Portable Apps. Googling for portable apps also found me a few others including a packet sniffer, HDD diagnostics, file recovery tools and a few others. Pretty much anything that has a standalone exe, doesn't need the registry, or can be unzipped to a single folder will work. Virtualdub is a good example. AVIDemux can also be unzipped to and run from a USB key.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you very much, guys!!
    Really
    They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety. (Benjamin Franklin).
    Quote Quote  
  4. also note that almost ANY (Adobe, MS Office, etc) applicaton can be MADE into a portable with applications designed specifically for that purpose.
    Quote Quote