VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. NU B question...

I recently bought the Sony 201 video camera. I recorded in VR mode and finalized the disc. It will play in my standalone player. I can neither see the files nor play the disc on my PC with an internal DVD ROM running WinDVD....

Should I be able to ??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    https://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/t211743.html

but windvd 4 and above support VR , maybe your dvdrom doesnt for some odd reason ...
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks..

Hmm...That's kind of what I thought..I'm running WinDVD 4.0 so I figured it should play...Is it possible that the size (physical size that is) makes a difference?...this is a mini-DVD form a camcorder I'm talking about
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do a search for UDF and VR in this forum. Your problem is a Windows XP problem.
    I don't have a bad attitude...
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by leebo
    Do a search for UDF and VR in this forum. Your problem is a Windows XP problem.
    Actually, it's not..I'm running 2000 professional...BUT..the good news, after rebootinging a couple of times...everything played and I was able to read the files...still not sure what the problem was though?
    Quote Quote