VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a movie that I am trying to convert into wmv so that my Xbox 360 and Zune can read the files without to much trouble. My steps are as follows.

1. I rip the BD disc to my harddrive.
    2. I demux the file and get rid of all the audio streams that aren't needed.
    3. I remux the files back together to form the one file again.
    4. I run Staxrip and try to encode to MP4.
    5. Problem starts here. The First Pass was only at 14% after 9 hrs

I have read every forum and post here and I have done MSN, Google, yahoo, Dogpile searches to no avail. How long should this be taking? Am I going thru the wrong steps? The BD file is by default h.264 with an AC3 Audio Stream. I am just confused... I have been playing with this for 2 weeks now without help... So now any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone have an easy way of converting the Blu Ray files ripped from the disc to AVI or DviX formats? I can copy a blu ray disc to my hard drive but as I used a Ellion media player to watch the films on my TV, it does not support the blu ray.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The forums at http://www.doom9.net (sorry, but Doom9 policy forbids me from directly linking to the forums) has a section called "New and alternative video codecs" that has a long thread on encoding BluRay to WMV. I tried a little to do some HD DVD to WMV encoding (basically the same principle as BluRay encoding to WMV) and it failed for me. I get the impression that sometimes encoding to WMV works, sometimes it doesn't, and if you happen to be one of the people who has problems doing it, don't expect a solution.

Dr. Divx might be able to encode ripped BluRay to Divx format. It's free at http://www.drdivx.com but note that unless you buy their commercial version of the Divx codec, the Doc will not let you use the highest quality encoding options. Dr. Divx can encode a lot of stuff to Divx. You could download it for free and try it. If it works, you could consider buying the commercial Divx codec at http://www.divx.com for higher quality if you want.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well it looks like I had just figured it out right before you posted. The Best way I have found to convert without spending the cash is going thru Virtual Dub Mod. Have to demux the files into pieces but over all I encoded to DivX pro and this is sad I know went thru Windows Movie Maker to Put it into WMV. All this work so I can watch my movies on my Xbox 360 :P Thanks for all your help.
    Quote Quote  
  5. for anyone wanting to convert bluray or hddvd to mkv or mp4.. i play mine on the ps3 and this is how i do it.

i rip with anydvd if it's hddvd i run it throught evodemux then rename the file vc1 or avc etc. demux the video only then use tsmuxer to make a ts file then i use ripbot to encode the video to bluray compliant then use evodemux to extract the audio but rename the audio file to audio.eac3 then run that through eac3 to turn that into an ac3 file then run the video and ac3 audio through tsmuxer and pick m2ts muxing if you want to play it on the ps3 then you'll end up with two files meta and mpeg2 file use imgburn to burn these 2 files to a dual layer dvd with udf 2.50. ripbot can encode to mkv or mp4 or couple others. for bluray source you can load the file directly in to ripbot.. but keep in mind it will take a whie to encode i have a 4600 dual core processor with 4 gigs of ram and it takes 16 hours to encode. but after this it syncs it perfectly.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I stream TS and MKV files from my computer to my TVIX (DVICO)
    I got TWO units (DATOptic.com) one M4100SH and M6500A, where M6500A supports DTS-HD
    These Units come with a FREE bundle software/instructions of convert Bluray/HDDVD/DVD to MKV or TS container

I use to convert M2TS/EVO to MKV but I'm no longer do in that, instead i go for TS, because TS support DTS-HD audio stream. I can nail the final files to a DVD-R or DL DVD-R.

The process is pretty easy:
    1 - Rip - required a commercial software
    2 - Demux Audio/Subtitle, create AVS file
    3 - Set the desire bit rate to fit the size that you want
    4 - Convert to X264
    5 - Remux to MKV o TS

Please send an email to support at datoptic.com they may send you a copy. It's free after all
    Quote Quote