VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hey, new user here. Only posting because I'm officially stumped, with my searches for existing help completely fruitless.

I'd like to think my aim is simple: to watch anime MKVs on the Nintendo Wii via WiiMC, I need to resize some of the uber-high quality series to a lower resolution--480p to be exact. I know how I could do it with a number of programs, but I don't want to waste a lot of time screwing around with a handful of applications, demuxing, remuxing, the works. I need an all-in-one kind of operation, or else it's just not worth it.

I had some success with Handbrake, but I'm having trouble with the subtitles being converted somehow and not simply preserved--and then WiiMC can't display them. Then, on a whim, I tried StaxRip, which I've been using for quite some time now anyway, and it seems to have done the trick, but with one catch.

What StaxRip is doing, though everything else is good, is muxing my new MKVs with two video tracks: the original video, and the newly resized track. When I open this in Media Player Classic on my desktop, the picture flashes. I don't know how this looks on the Wii yet, but it's really not a satisfactory result. If I remux the stream, discarding the original video track, the video is okay. But doing that for every encode would be just too much work.

All I'm doing for my resize conversion is selecting my file (or, once I get it figured out, I'll select a folder of files), specifying the new dimensions, changing the audio to "Just Mux," tweaking the encoding settings to "Animation," and of course specifying my output. I'd like to think there is something really simple that stupid ol' me is missing, but I can't find it. I've looked over the project settings and the program settings and I don't see anything talking about video track muxing. However, there are a lot of options whose purpose I don't understand. I'd think I could find what I'm looking for under the "Config Container" dialog, but I don't see anything there, either. And so, here I am, stumped.

Thanks for your time.
    -Jonathan
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What do you output as in staxrip? Have you tried play it with vlc instead of mpc to check how it looks?

You can also try freemake video converter, format factory, xvid4psp.
    Quote Quote