VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [Attachment 35450 - Click to enlarge]

ABCsong15_agk_comptest
    ----------------------------------
    LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~2\AutoGK\DGMPGDec\DGDecode.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~2\AutoGK\filters\autocrop.dl l")
    LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~2\AutoGK\filters\vsfilter.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~2\AutoGK\filters\RemoveGrain SSE3.dll")

movie = DirectShowSource("C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\FYP OZG\ABCsong15.avi",15).KillAudio()
    movie = isRGB(movie) ? ConvertToYV12(movie) : movie
    movie = isYUY2(movie) ? ConvertToYV12(movie) : movie
    cropclip = autocrop(movie,mode=0,wmultof=4,hmultof=4,samples= 10,aspect=0,threshold=0,samplestartframe=0,leftadd =0,rightadd=0,topadd=0,bottomadd=0)
    fixed_aspect = 1
    c_width = width(cropclip)
    c_height = round(height(cropclip) / fixed_aspect)
    input_par = float(c_width)/float(c_height)
    input_par = (input_par > 1.4) || (input_par < 1.25) ? input_par : (4.0/3.0)
    out_width = 490
    out_height = round(float(out_width) / input_par)
    hmod = out_height - (floor(out_height / 16 ) * 16)
    out_height = (hmod > 4) ? (out_height + (16 - hmod)) : (out_height - hmod)
    new_aspect = (float(out_width) / float(out_height)) / fixed_aspect
    autocrop(movie,mode=0,wmultof=4,hmultof=4,samples= 10,aspect=new_aspect,threshold=0,samplestartframe= 0,leftadd=0,rightadd=0,topadd=0,bottomadd=0)
    LanczosResize(out_width,out_height)
    TextSub("C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\SubRip.srt")
    SelectRangeEvery(15,15)

[Attachment 35451 - Click to enlarge]

Newbie need help to resolve the error, any pros can help?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Watzzup; 30th Jan 2016 at 03:26.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    1. Do not use DirectShowSource if you can avoid it. You will have less control over DirectShow filters than over native AviSynth decoders or VfW. Your source seems to be an AVI, so use AviSource first (or try FFMS2 / L-SMASH Works, even though AutoGK, which is pretty old, may not support it while creating a script).

2. Avoid SSE3 versions of RemoveGrain / Repair etc.; these variants are known to be buggy and crash. Instead, exchange them with RgTools and avstp.

3. Do you really need AutoCrop? Your video source doesn't look like it needs cropping at all. You may not even need all the aspect ratio calculations. Your video does not comply to any usual cinematic aspect ratios, instead appears to be rendered with "square pixels" and an arbitrary frame dimension. Keep it as it is. Do not resize or crop. In general, you may not want to rely on the script generation by AutoGK, you may better optimize your script manually.

4. Try to post scripts in a CODE block; it is hard to discover which line is the one with the error, #21.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by LigH.de View Post
    4. Try to post scripts in a CODE block; it is hard to discover which line is the one with the error, #21.
    I agree with that one, but the script comes from AutoGK itself which has been tested and has worked for a long time. As near as I can tell, the problem is the TextSub line. Something is wrong there.

I suggest wazzup first try and open the script in VDub followed by removing the TextSub line to see if it then opens. If it opens (or runs in AutoGK) without the TextSub line but not with it in, then it's the subtitles. Something is probably wrong with them. Can you play the AVI with the subs? My guess is that the SRTs are breaking the script. Where did you get them?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [Attachment 35477 - Click to enlarge]

I created the subtitle using the workshop, no issue creating it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [Attachment 35478 - Click to enlarge]

The script in codeblock
    Quote Quote  
  6. It's the resize line? The Out_Width is only Mod 2. What happens if you change it to 488 from 490? Will VDub open the script then?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    It's the resize line? The Out_Width is only Mod 2. What happens if you change it to 488 from 490? Will VDub open the script then?
    It is able to work.
    Thanks for the inputs, how do i up ur points in this forum
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Watzzup View Post
    ...how do i up ur points in this forum
    I don't know what that means. I counted lines wrong and figured it must be the subs at fault. It was LigH.de's suggestion about using code blocks that told us where the problem was. If there are any points to be handed out, they should go to him. Glad you got it sorted out.
    Last edited by manono; 1st Feb 2016 at 12:31.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    There may be a few filters which require even a width divisible by 4, the reason will be SSE optimizations without workarounds for the worst case. If possible (and convenient...), you should always prefer video dimensions to be multiples of at least 4, if not even 16 (a common width and height of "macro blocks" = encoding units).

This forum may not have a "karma" feature, but I do welcome your kindness.
    Quote Quote  
  10. For the record, AutoGK can only decode AVIs via DirectShow. If you want to use a different decoding method, you need to create a script manually, wrap it into an AVI, and then the decoded video gets decoded via DirectShow..... or something...... . It slows encoding speed a little, and it's got to be done manually so it requires knowing how.

If you happen to be using ffdshow for decoding, you can enable it's crop filter. Simply enabling it will cause ffdshow to crop to mod8.

Does VirtualDubMod offer VirtualDub error messages? It's just that AutoGK uses VirtualDubMod by default. Did you replace VirtualDubMod?

I had a look and AutoGK comes with RemoveGrain.dll RemoveGrainSSE2.dll and RemoveGrainSSE3.dll
    At a guess I imagine AutoGK chooses one based on the CPU being used.
    Not that I recall it ever causing problems, but removegrain is version 0.9. It probably wouldn't hurt to replace the dlls in the AutoGK/Filters folder with the newer versions from here (1.0pre):
    http://home.arcor.de/kassandro/prerelease/RemoveGrain-1.0.rar
    Last edited by hello_hello; 5th Feb 2016 at 03:02.
    Quote Quote