VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys, I am new to DVD authoring and was wondering if anyone can shed some light on this error log that I get when trying to burn some .avi files to a DVD unsing Nero Vison

Thanks

error.txt
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    First thing to do is make sure you have the latest updates for your software and the latest firmware for your burner.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have an NEC 2500A DVD writer and just upgraded it to 1.09 firmware from the NEC site and tried to burn a project again and got some more errors.
    Here is the log
    error2.txt

I use Nero 6.3.1.25
    [19:33:06] ExpressUI Running NeroVision Express 3 Version: 3.0.1.18
    [19:33:08] DVDEngine Running DVDEngine version: 3.0.1.32

Any more help would be great
    Quote Quote  
  4. Anyone?

If not, is there any other software I could try?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Don't think it helps much, but mostly NVE works OK. However I mostly use MPEG files as input. AVIs are too big for me. When NVE hiccups I use Pinnacle Studio 9 and that's always processed the files ok. You can ask Nero what the problem is. They do respond in a couple of days, unlike Pinnacle who's support is c**p.

regards, jrisch
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    BUMP
    I'm having much the same problem. My error log looks very much like the one from welsh_boy01. I also have an NEC burner. Am using XP with SP2 and Nero 6.6.0.5 (Nero Vision Express 3.0.1.18). Oddly, I can burn to a Fuji DVD+RW without a problem but burning the same project to a TDK +R always craps out. I've never had problems with this burner or these TDK discs until I started using Nero. I suppose I could use DVD Decrypter to burn the +RW disc onto the +R disc but this seems like a huge waste of time. Somebody must know the solution.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I hope this helps. I had a very similar error log and the same resulting coaster after updating nero this weekend. They have added a new feature called Burn at once. I believe this is the bao app giviing errors in your log. on the burning options page of nerovision click on recorder options burn at once is at the bottom and on my comp was checked. I turned it off buthaving spent numerous hours on trying to burn this dvd I also just wrote the disk to the hard drive then used nero to burn from the image. worked no problem. I think and am going to try this weekend just turning off burn at once.I think that would have worked. good luck and let me Know how it turns out.
    Quote Quote