VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello!

I've lately been experimenting with making Blu-Rays from my large backlog of Sony .m2ts files (AVCHD output from my HDR-CX12 camcorder). tsMuxeR seemed a great way to go, and was able to join several dozen .m2ts files and spit out a Blu-Ray folder structure in no time flat. I was amazed! However, as I continued to watch the result on my PS3, I noted that the audio seemed to be getting behind. Not by a lot, but it was noticeable only a couple of minutes in. Oh, bother!

Anybody know why the audio would begin to fall behind like this? I fear there are several options in tsMuxerR GUI that may not be right, but the tsMuxeR readme file is all in Russian, so who knows! :P (I just used the defaults)

Any advice much appreciated!

Very best,
    Aaron
    Quote Quote  
  2. Seems to be a bug in Tsmuxer, same with joining multiple .Mkv files for Avchd output, the audio goes out of sync.
    Try combining all the files in MkvMerge (Add the first file then append the rest), save as one .Mkv file, then avchd that Mkv file.

The files should be all the same fps and resolution...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks! I'll give this a go. I played with the trial version of Corel VideoStudio X2 and found that it works well for this also (joining AVCHD clips without recompressing the video). Unfortunately, it insists on transcoding to MPEG-2 when burning a Blu-ray, but that's a known limitation of the program. I can always use multiAVCHD or tsMuxer to build the disc folder. Anything to avoid recompressing! If VideoStudio 2010 can put AVC on Blu-ray, I'll probably buy it straight away. Unfortunately, the Express edition has such an agonizing user interface and poor performance, I couldn't be bothered to spend more than a few minutes with it after I installed it; it went straight into the garbage.

aaron
    Quote Quote