VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVDStyler is the best authoring program I have found. It does everything I have thrown at it. One task, however, continues to perplex me.

I have created a soft DVD, placed it on a thumb drive attached to a digital media player attached to my TV.

The DVD consists of one vmMenu and five submenus each with its own Titleset. Each Titleset has 3 videos + one Play
    All. When I play each video within its Titleset (including the Play All), at the end of the video, it returns me to the individual menu associated with that Titleset. But if I interrupt the video with a Stop on the remote, it sends me back to the Choice Menu on the digital media player.

Any suggestions as to how I could be returned to the appropriate submenu or the main vmMenu when I press Stop on the remote?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    There is nothing you can script to change that. It's totally up to the player what happens when you press Stop. It seems your player does not do the usual thing after pushing Stop once (and then Play) which is "Resume". It seems your player interprets Stop as if the DVD should be re-initiated like when you open and close the tray on a regular player.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK. Thanks. In the meantime, I tried the same thing with one of my commercially made DVDs. I used DVD Decrypter, placed it on the same external drive and it did the same thing (reverted back to the digital media player's selection menu).

Not a major problem. I can live with that until I figure out how to do a "Resume" which my player probably has but I haven't delved into the "Settings Menu" on the player to figure out the correct settings.

I thought I was doing something wrong within the DVDStyler Menus but you have answered that question.

Thanks Again
    Quote Quote