VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a question regarding the use of these 3 things together. First, I am making a Haloween compilation disc taking scenes from the horror movies in my collection for a Halloween party. I am using DVDShrink to rip the scenes I wish to use. I am attempting to use VBOEdit and IFOEdit but am having no luck. I am following the directions in the guide, but they are getting me nowhere. Now when I rip from DVDShrink, I am stripping away all but the AC3 layer (if available) off each disc. Does this cause a problem when two of the files don't have the same sound encoding (ie. 5.1 vs. Surround)? If there is a better way to do this, can someone let me know?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Rip and cut with dvdshrink and you will get a video_ts for each clip.
    Reauthor all video_ts to one with the dvdshrink(no menus) or tmpgenc dvd author(click add dvd video and be sure to create new track if you have different audio,video settings).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the info. What I am trying to do is not have each scene be a title, but a chapter so that it is somewhat seamless. I don't think DVDShrink will allow me to do that...will tmpgenc dvd author?
    Quote Quote