VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have checked last year's and this year's Samsung and LG smart TV's usb video(avi, mkv, mpeg etc..) playback quality. They are exceptional. Movie feels like an ad film. Even the worst video file is corrected to the best. It feels as if like the movie is shot right in front of you. Movie appears almost like a TV show.

I bought a Samsung UN46f7500 TV recently. I play movies either by connecting my PC (GOM player via hdmi of my gtx 660) or play movies from my pen drive. The very same movie file play's different when I play from my PC(GOM player via hdmi of my gtx 660) and USB pen drive. When i say different i don't mean good or bad, they are just different. I like the way how Samsung USB decodes and renders the the film on to the TV. It appears very realistic. You will know what I am saying if you have seen it by any chance.

Now, What do I need exactly?
    If a Samsung TV can do it my computer should certainly do it too, with a proper software and settings. I have a Quad i7 4770k and a Nvidia GTX 660 with 32GB RAM. I tried various settings in GOM player and vlc player but no use. Could you guys suggest me a software/video player(settings)?

I assume Samsung USB is playing it in higher frame rate 30fps vs 24 fps PC GOM player. I could be totally wrong about this.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    Last edited by Czarsvk; 6th Aug 2014 at 13:32.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sheppaul View Post
    Thank you so much I think this works. I will let you know if I have more questions.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!