VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Suddenly, every single video file (avi, mpg, flv, mov, mp4, mkv, etc) I've examined with GSpot (v2.70a) reports:
    "Rendering failed. Following is the error reported by DirectShow:
    0x80040218: [unknown]"
    after I press the "MS A/V 1" button.

This didn't happen the last time I checked a file with GSpot (approximately one week ago). If I understand correctly, DirectShow error 0x80040218 means "No combination of filters could be found to render the stream".

Note that the files in question usually (but not always) play okay in VLC 2.0.3, but that's not enough. I want to know why this is suddenly happening and what I can do to resolve this Gspot issue. If I can do that, then I can set about trying to determine what's wrong with those few video files that won't play.

After encountering this problem, I installed the latest version of FFDshow, which is set to decode virtually everything with libvacodec, and there are no indications of any codec failures (for example, if I examine any file with GSpot and choose "System -> List Codecs and Other Filters" there are NO errors reported (i.e., nothing highlighted in red)). I don't have any codec packs installed (to my knowledge). I also downloaded and ran the latest version of CodecTweakTool and ran the "Fix" option, but the GSpot problem remains.

Attached is the output of CodecTweakTool's "Generate log" function, named "klcp_codec_log.txt". If you'd like any other information, I will be happy to provide it.

Thanks for your help!

Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote