VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Was told not to use SONY DVDArchitect, so thought I would try AVStoDVD
    Downloaded and installed, as well as IMGburn.

I set agreed with options it suggested.

I started first attempt, set DVD size, pointed it to teh video file ... and clicked start .....
    Now not sure if next bit is correct .... it opened CMD prompt and run ffmeg and many lines of stream information.

Then it pops up an error saying output duration is (0) shorter than expected duration ...

The project window is attached - have I missed something out ?

I don't want any menus .. single simple DVD.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	output error.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	23296  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AVStoDVD will create a log file and that will help to diagnose the error.

There is also a dedicated support topic in the forum and _MrC_ , who wrote this, is a frequent visitor.
    Quote Quote  
  3. If it's already DVD compliant, why reencode? Is the initial size too large? Or does that '4013' figure indicate the current size? I believe you can set AvsToDVD to just author if everything's already compliant.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If the source video is dvd-compliant, AVStoDVD does not re-encode (as long as the anticipated size is smaller than the target size)

The 4013 indicates the anticipated size of the final dvd video vobs. IIRC.

Post the log file.
    Last edited by DB83; 31st Jan 2014 at 15:55.
    Quote Quote  
  5. You can use DVD Architect, you can create nice menus and author DVD, it is a nice DVD Authoring program, just import m2v (or mpg) and AC3 from Vegas with volume that fits on DVD and check file/optimize DVD if you do not have set re-compres - yes ,for your video or audio.
    Also make sure that destination folder is empty while rendering DVD, I remember that that was a problem then ...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Log attached ... I don't want to re-encode ... all I want to do is create a 'standard' DVD, with the necessary video & audio folder & file structure.

I tried using IMGburn, but that just gives me a CD-ROM of the video file, which will not play in domestic video players.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Tafflad; 31st Jan 2014 at 17:24.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I said, to NOT have re-compress set to yes, sure thing, we do not want any authoring to re-encode video or audio that follows DVD specs
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    You can use DVD Architect, you can create nice menus and author DVD, it is a nice DVD Authoring program, just import m2v (or mpg) and AC3 from Vegas with volume that fits on DVD and check file/optimize DVD if you do not have set re-compres - yes ,for your video or audio.
    Also make sure that destination folder is empty while rendering DVD, I remember that that was a problem then ...
    This was where this started from I have Sony Movie Studio Platinum, suite .... finished creating in Vegas, used teh 'Mke DVD' option, selected form recommended Templates ...
    Used MainConcept PAL, customized to lower VBR peak form 9500 to 9000 and set for 2pass.

The issue is this should fit on a 4.7Gb DVD ... BitRate calc shows it at well under 4.7Gb .... in the pic below you can see that even DVD architect thiunks it will only be 4.5Gb (bottom right hand corner.:

Click image for larger version

Name:	arch set up.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	23300

Yet when I go to next step and choose simple single video, no menus ... .. it gives the follow error :

Name:	DVD arch recompress.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	23301

When I asked this Q I was told not to use DVD architect for simple DVD authoring and hence trying AVStoDVD

I have always used DVD architect before, works fine - but they have been less than an Hr .. so never hit this issue
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    I said, to NOT have re-compress set to yes, sure thing, we do not want any authoring to re-encode video or audio that follows DVD specs
    Understand what you are saying ... but where do I set that option ?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Tafflad View Post
    When I asked this Q I was told not to use DVD architect for simple DVD authoring and hence trying AVStoDVD
    If your audio is still 44100Hz (?), then your MPG can't be authored as-is. You've already been told this (twice, I believe).

Did you attach the log, as you said you were doing? I said not to use DVD Architect for authoring, yes, and I was assuming everything was already compliant, which it wasn't, and maybe still isn't. I think DVD Architect wanted to reencode everything which shouldn't be necessary if you'd done everything correctly to begin with.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Tafflad View Post
    Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    I said, to NOT have re-compress set to yes, sure thing, we do not want any authoring to re-encode video or audio that follows DVD specs
    After you import your Media video and audio DVD Architect, you go into File/Optimize Disc, click on media you imported and check what you have there under video and audio TABs, ..., the way some DVD Architect menu works, it does not appear at first glance that there is a choice available but rather you can see a simple list of values that appear on screen. But after you click on it, drop down list appears and you can choose what it offers. In this case there could be "yes" and "no" in the line where it says Recompress, so after clicking on yes drop down list offers yes and no, you choose no.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    If your audio is still 44100Hz (?), then your MPG can't be authored as-is. You've already been told this (twice, I believe).
    It's not 44100Hz .
    Just looked at the original file dropped into Vegas ... Audio was 1536 Kb 48KHz PCM

The render file out of Vegas is .. Audio is 224Kb 48KHz mpeg

These are embedded Audio with the Video not separate files.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ok. seen your edit now

But that surely is not the log file when you got the error. That file is just a basic loading. Absolutely no info of any use there.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    Originally Posted by Tafflad View Post
    Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    After you import your Media video and audio DVD Architect, you go into File/Optimize Disc, click on media you imported and check what you have there under video and audio TABs, ..., the way some DVD Architect menu works, it does not appear at first glance that there is a choice available but rather you can see a simple list of values that appear on screen. But after you click on it, drop down list appears and you can choose what it offers. In this case there could be "yes" and "no" in the line where it says Recompress, so after clicking on yes drop down list offers yes and no, you choose no.

Getting somewhere now .... I did not use optimize as your initial post on #03 https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/362042-Audio-format-for-DVD?p=2298774#post2298774
    said "Do not let DVD Architect to optimize anything" ... which I thought you meant do not use the optimize button ? (my misunderstanding)

Now followed your step above and clicked on 'optimize' and can now see the following:

Name:	options.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	23303

It looks like it is dropping Kbps down to 192 and it is happy ?
    Is there anything else in these options I should set ?

So maybe I should go back to using DVD Architect ?
    Quote Quote  
  15. As for that screenshot, it tells you why it does not accept audio, it thinks, it is not DVD complaint, not sure what is going on now, I thing it does not accept mpeg audio, even if it is allowed in PAL country. That is my recollection of things. Is audio AC3 or mpeg1layerII ? Oh I see it now it is AC3,

so definitively try to lower average video bitrate , maybe there is not enough room on DVD, as far DVD Architect is concern ...
    Quote Quote  
  16. Media info for the file that is dropped into DVD architect is attached.
    225kbps 48KHz mpeg
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would have thought that any dvd-authoring program worth its salt would accept mp2 audio at 224 kbps 48khz for a PAL dvd and NOT re-encode unless....

The dvd project properties state that it will create AC3 audio (in this case at 192 kbps but it surely could be higher if required)

But these two topics have got so mixed up tis hard to follow them anymore.

And we still do not know why AVStoDVD is coughing.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    ok. seen your edit now

But that surely is not the log file when you got the error. That file is just a basic loading. Absolutely no info of any use there.
    Sorry had thought I attached it ... so put it in as an edit.

Yep .. that is all I get.

Steps .. start new, select file (all as shown in post #01 above), when I press start ... CMD prompt window fires up ... loads of lines above streams .. then it close and pops up warning that s zero sized output is produced.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by Tafflad View Post
    Media info for the file that is dropped into DVD architect is attached.
    225kbps 48KHz mpeg
    yeap, I'd say, it is mpeg1layerII audio, let Vegas make AC3 for DVD Architect
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    But the log file should show that ffmpeg has been invoked and post a trail which then ends with the error. That's the whole point of the log file.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That's not the log file. That's the stuff copied out of the box in the main screen.
    The log file goes into the same folder you set as the DVD output folder.

Since the "advanced project controls" is not activated, the "dvd label" uses the default name DVD.
    The log files have the name format DVD_n.log, where "n" starts at 0, depending on what is
    already in the output folder, if anything.
    This sample output shows how the real log starts:

<1/31/2014 3:29:08 PM>
    START PROCESS
    <>

<1/31/2014 3:29:08 PM>
    PROJECT SETTINGS

DVD Video Standard: PAL
    DVD Titles number: 1
    DVD Size: 186/4450 MB (4%)
    DVD Output Setup: DVD Folder
    DVD Label: DVD
    DVD Menu: No Menu
    Quote Quote  
  22. Well, if for some strange reason AvsToDVD doesn't like MP2 audio (very odd, if true), then demux using DGIndex (File->Save Project and Demux Video. Take the resulting M2V and the audio and load them into Muxman. Give it a destination, answer 'Yes' to the question about creating a VIDEO_TS folder for you, and hit 'Start'.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    That's not the log file. That's the stuff copied out of the box in the main screen.
    The log file goes into the same folder you set as the DVD output folder.
    As I have never used this before ... I'll go thru steps, maybe I'm missing out a step ?
    and I'll do it all afresh ... so these images are for this run

I open AVSto DVD
    File 'new project'
    Set Output folder path (mid screen)
    Click on Green + to add file (1Hr 20 mpg, embeddded audio)

It is noted that in bottom RH corner of screen correct duration of video is shown ( 1:20:19 Hr)
    Click on start button
    The following screen opens:

Name:	AVStoDVD.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	23308

Then I press OK and cmd prompt opens :

Name:	cmd prompt.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	23309

It runs for a while then I get a popup window posted in post #01 that output is 00:00:00

Previously I went to View>Operations Log and saved the log from there .. as was only place mentioning 'Log'
    I went to the Output folder as you suggested and have attached the file there

There are no DVD files in the output folder
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hmmn. Even that log looks short.

Hang on. Are you just creating elementary streams and not a full dvd ?
    Last edited by DB83; 1st Feb 2014 at 08:27.
    Quote Quote  
  25. no cut & paste, attached whole file ... have snapshot of cnd screen txt, happy to post that?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well that log file shows a complete operation but you should have an m2v file in the output folder.

Depends on whar you want. The program can create elementary streams - m2v etc. - or the complete folder structure and other output options. Depends on what you select in the output setup under options.
    Quote Quote  
  27. The only child in the folder is that log file.
    it did not complete ... it warns file is of zero length.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Game over back to 'work' - Jeez, did you see that from Les Bleu's ?

You did set the program for dvd folders ?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    5-0 in less than a minute!!! But game isn't quite over yet..
    Quote Quote  
  30. I'm happy .. Wales won so we are on track 1 from 5 ...

Other than settings I described in #23 I have changed nothing.
    However did check is set for "DVD folder structure"

Also tried it "Burn DVD" get same error
    Quote Quote