VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi All,
    I have a problem with my pc ; till yesterday when I opened a music file it was automatically opened by WMP vers 9.0) but now it seems impossible and I can listen to it only by VLC. what happened? I tried to reinstall WMP but nothing changed
    Thanks for your help/Fabio
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I cannot fix the problem also after reinstalling the program ( the message is runtime error application)
    Is there another softeare that allows to reproduce all the items of a cd on a pc ( I use vlc but it seems no possible to reproduce all the clips but you have to plat one per time, is that correct?)
    Quote Quote  
  3. To make WMP the default player for particular media types:

WMP -> Tools -> Options -> File types. Select the ones you want WMP to play.

Or are you saying you can't listen to the file even after opening it with WMP?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    unfortunately I cannot listen to the file
    Quote Quote  
  5. It sounds like you somehow lost an audio codec then. VLC uses its own built in audio and video decoders so it is not dependent on DirectShow installed decoders. Does WMP give you an error message?

You can use a program like GSpot to determine what codec is used in your audio file and test to see if there is a DirectShow decoder for it installed.
    Quote Quote