VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm an user of AP Element (4,8,11) for years and I'm happy with the low cost, easy to use and do what I need (interview, DIY, event) perfectly.
    From the Summer, I plan to learn more video editing and taping more HD commercial like video. Just wondering if upgrade to AP Pro will benefit me or it's just over kill.
    I'm a newbie in advance video editing. I need to know if AP Pro (or APE) is able to help me
    1) to remove unwanted subjects on video,
    2) to maintain original colour of subject but turn the background in b/w,
    3) to design animated title, menu, ribbon and lower third,

Many thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by AAC View Post

I'm a newbie in advance video editing. I need to know if AP Pro (or APE) is able to help me
    1) to remove unwanted subjects on video,
    2) to maintain original colour of subject but turn the background in b/w,
    3) to design animated title, menu, ribbon and lower third,
    Although they can be done somewhat with PP, After Effects is a more suitable tool for those tasks

And 1 & 2 can be extremely difficult to do well, depending on the shot characteristics
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by AAC View Post
    I need to know if AP Pro (or APE) is able to help me...
    An important thing to consider is the latest versions of these programs (CS6) are now available only as a subscription, which comes with its own set of complications. These include, but is not limited to, having to contend with the "cloud", potential difficulties trying to determine if you are getting your money's worth on the updates, if there are, that you get, how relevant (or potentially problematic) these updates are, and what hardware adobe recommends that is optimized for these programs (and the run-arounds and shortcuts that can be cost-saving if you really look for them).
    I am happily stuck on premiere pro 5.0.3.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  4. Both AE and PP have 30 day trials. So you can see if it works for you.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For example, in still photo, I know how to apply photoshop to balance the brightness/contrast between a bright windows and people chatting in living room next to the bright windows. Just wondering if APE 12 is able to do the balance in video editing or I have to go for Première Pro ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I don't use Elements since I have Pro, but it sure looks doable. Haven't you tried?

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WS4B8135DA-083C-42eb-B09E-65070ECBC...6-F5D6351CC7AF
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!