VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Currently when I watch online streaming videos, picture quality looks fine, but streaming is not constant. Seems like refresh rate is slow and when I watch video, seems like it pausing and I cannot watch proper video. What do I need to do to get rid of this issue?

Here is some info about my system:
    Microsoft XP
    Home Edition
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 3

Inter Celeron CPU 2.4GHz
    2.39 GHz, 1.49 GB RAM

Adapter:
    Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphic Controller
    64 MB Memory

Current Settings:
    Screen Resolution: 1600 by 900 pixels
    Color Quality: 32 bit
    Screen Refresh rate: 60Hz

Question2:
    Manual of my monitor says that optimal resolution for this monitor is 1920 by 1080 and when I try to change the setting, 1600 by 900 pixels is the highest I get, what do I need to upgrade in order to get 1920 by 1080?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hi and welcome to the forum.

it looks like it's time to get a new computer and get rid of the dinosaur. cpu is too slow and the video adapter is not good enough.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    hi and welcome to the forum.

it looks like it's time to get a new computer and get rid of the dinosaur. cpu is too slow and the video adapter is not good enough.
    Is it possible to upgrade certain parts of my current computer?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In your case it is probably cheaper, and certainly simpler, to buy a new machine.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by guns1inger View Post
    In your case it is probably cheaper, and certainly simpler, to buy a new machine.
    I was under the impression that cost of building computer and buying a new one is almost same. Isn't that the case?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Changing the graphics resolution isn't going to help with your jerky video playback. You either have too slow an internet connection or not enough CPU power to play the videos.

The main benefit of building your own computer is that you can use exactly the parts you want. Of course, that means you have to figure out what you want/need and what parts will work together. The cost isn't so different -- except big OEMs can buy Windows for much less than you.
    Quote Quote