VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have just purchased the Panasonic AG-AC90 and have a question I need answered. It has to deal with the AV cable that comes with the camera. When I plug in the AV to the AV section in the camera it won't put out a signal to be able to stream something from the camera. The only way I can stream anything is to use the HDMI part of the camera. Is there some setting I am missing as to why it won't stream out from the AV plug when I am recording? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. hi, the AV plug is only there for playing back video already captured on the card, you cannot use this to stream video as you are recording it on the camera, that is what the HDMI output is there for.

i believe AV is (audio/video) and might only be able to cope with standard def signal from the camera, but i have never used the AV socket because i use hdmi.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, but I have figured out where the menu had it hidden. No, it will stream live video from this port as I have done it now after finding the place. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Where is it hiding?
    Quote Quote  
  5. hi, well you learn something every day, but as i mentioned, i have never used AV before, have not used those old standard cables for many years, i just assumed AV was not able to do what you wanted, but why could you not use the hdmi port.

also, how do you find the avchd video quality with the camera ?

i bought one of these Atamos Ninja2 recording devices that plugs into the camera via hdmi, and it shuts off the onboard avchd recording mode and takes the image from the camera sensor thru this device and records it in 1080/25p ProRes 422 format at 200Mbps onto a laptop hdd or SSD drive.

i have a 1tb 7200rpm hdd in my ninja and i can get about 9 to 10 hours of 200Mbps ProRes video recorded on that 1tb hdd, and once color graded, i convert it to high bitrate 1080/25p h264 (mp4 or m2ts) format for playback on HD tv.

http://www.atomos.com/ninja/
    Quote Quote