VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi guys

i have a Widescreen video that is in avi format, what im trying to do is convert it to Full screen.

i have tried converting the video from widescreen to full screen with Virtualdub, but the problem is that the video is 500 mb and when i try converting it, the output file turns out to be over 6 GB and i dont have all that extra space.

so what im asking is that, is there another program that will allow me to convert my widescreen to full screen without taking up all that space? it does not matter if the output becomes and Mpg all i want is for it to be full screen so i can use the whole screen on the ipod.

thanks in advanced
    athif
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by nooby_noob
    i have tried converting the video from widescreen to full screen with Virtualdub, but the problem is that the video is 500 mb and when i try converting it, the output file turns out to be over 6 GB and i dont have all that extra space.
    Video -> Compression... pick a codec and configure it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. And either add black above and below to make it "fullscreen", or start lopping off the sides.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why do you want it 4:3 ?
    What are you trying to achieve ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    Why do you want it 4:3 ?
    What are you trying to achieve ?
    i want it too take up the full screen on my ipod so it will be easier to see
    athif
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by manono
    And either add black above and below to make it "fullscreen", or start lopping off the sides.
    how would i go about doing that? thanks
    athif
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by manono
    And either add black above and below to make it "fullscreen", or start lopping off the sides.
    how would i configure it to be fullscreen, there is alot of stuff that comes up and i have no idea what to do lol.

thanks for replying
    athif
    Quote Quote  
  8. Kind of depends on the resolution you started with and the intended final resolution. Say the movie is 640x272 and you want it 640x480. Doing it the preferred AviSynth way:

Cropping:

AVISource("C:\Path\To\Movie.avi")
    Crop(138,0,-138,0)
    Lanczos4Resize(640,480)

You'll lose over 40% of the movie doing it that way, though. To add black above and below and keep the whole movie:

AddBorders(0,104,0,104)

You can do the entire thing in VDub(Mod) (maybe someone else can explain how), but this way is faster and better. Aren't there iPod programs around that do all this automatically. Why not try searching?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by manono
    Kind of depends on the resolution you started with and the intended final resolution. Say the movie is 640x272 and you want it 640x480. Doing it the preferred AviSynth way:

Cropping:

Crop(138,0,-138,0)
    Lanczos4Resize(640,480)

You'll lose over 40% of the movie doing it that way, though. To add black above and below and keep the whole movie:

AddBorders(0,104,0,104)

You can do the entire thing in VDub(Mod) (maybe someone else can explain how), but this way is faster and better. Aren't there iPod programs around that do all this automatically. Why not try searching?
    thanks, im not putting the video on my ipod video, i figured a way to put videos on ipod nanos (1 generation)
    so i wanted to know how i would make it full screen.

thanks for ur help, i think i finally got it
    athif
    Quote Quote