VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I downloaded avi movie with foreign subtitle, I want to delete this foreign sub and install english sub. is there a way to do this task? Thankyou
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Is the subtitle permanent in the picture? If you can disable the subtitles they are not permanent and you can pretty easy remove and add new. If they are permanent it's not worth it as you becuase have to either crop the video or blur them.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have some VCDs with Chinese subtitles burnt in.
    I extracted the video and authored to DVD, and added subtitles, changing the background colour, usually transparent, to black, which covered the original subtitles and made my (English) subtitles easy to read. Not perfect, but quite sufficient.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it is not permanent. I already tried subrip but I do not figure how it works. there is no tab for erase or delete or remove...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    this is to continue the above message. I want to keep the movie in avi file. what AlanHK does is interesting but seems to be compicated and has to be changed to dvd format.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Not permanent? But just one avi file? Then try remove and add subtitles with AVIMux GUI.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by volam
    this is to continue the above message. I want to keep the movie in avi file. what AlanHK does is interesting but seems to be compicated and has to be changed to dvd format.
    It could be done in AVI as well.
    Probably easier, in fact.

But if the subs are not burnt in, you can remove them completely instead of overlaying.
    Quote Quote