VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

My name is Andrew.

I'm fairly PC Literate, however since investigating how to get my DVD'sonto the PC, and maybe burning a few this has confused me, no end !

I will have a read through, before starting posting.

Thanks

Andrew
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome to the forum. Here are some shortcuts that should help you out:

Glossary:

https://www.videohelp.com/glossary

Here is info on backing up dvds:

https://www.videohelp.com/dvdbackup

Here is basic information on the dvd structure:

https://www.videohelp.com/dvd

Some useful tools you need:

https://www.videohelp.com/tools

These are found on the left of the screen <------

Please feel free to ask when you start to get more specific questions.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Here's a few other suggestions for a new member that will help you.

1) Post with as much information as possible. Most new members think that they less they tell us, the more help they will get. The opposite is actually true. Posting that you can't make an audio CD from FLAC files and your media brand is X, your burner type is Y, and the software you used is Z is a lot more likely to get help than to say "Why can't I burn an audio CD?" Yet you'd be surprised how many new people do the latter.

2) Unlike some forums, we strongly discourage people from digging up old posts and adding to them unless what they have to say really and truly is pertinent. For example, if you find an old post from 1 year ago where someone asked for a hack (region unlock code) for a DVD player and you know the correct code, by all means post it. However, if you want to say "I need an unlock code for this too", just make a new post. We generally don't like it when people dig up old threads and add to them. If in doubt, just make a new thread. Unlike some forums (cough! cough! Doom9) we don't criticize people for making new threads or for asking questions that others have asked before.

3) Don't cross post - ever. If you don't know where a post should go, put it in the Newbie section. Actually many of us just check the newest postings header on the main webpage and don't pay so much attention to where the post is, so even if you ask in the wrong place, you may still get an answer. Cross posting means don't post the same thing in multiple forums. One post - one forum. That's our rule here.

4) If your post doesn't get an answer soon, you can bump it (post to the thread asking for a followup) which will make it show up on the main webpage, but please allow a few days before doing this. Many of us don't read the site on weekends, so weekend posts have the highest percentage of non-answers. You might keep that in mind when posting. Bumping your post after 10-20 minutes (yes, we actually see that) will make you no friends here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome to the best video-related forum, andrewmpalmer2003
    Quote Quote  
  5. Welcome, Andrew!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Welcome andrew.

All suggestions given have been good ones. My personal suggestion to you is that once you feel more comfortable in your abilities you might consider answering questions that others have. Try your best to contribute to this community!
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote