VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hello, i am new to computing..e evn tough i use computer..but converting is new to me..I downloaded few files of MKV. but then i can see it only on my system,when saved to pen drive my tv/dvd does not support MKV. i tried to convert MKV to avi usin 4videosoft and videoconverter.. looks like it is converting only the first file. actually downloaded from media fire in 4parts. i suppose all files are linked. . Can you please help me how to convert all the 4 parts into one avi file.

thanks
    chetan73
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could try freemake video converter, load all mkvs, at top right click Join files, choose to Avi, select preset tv quality xvid,mp3 and convert.

When you install freemake be sure to deselect adware like toolbars and such.

Or join the mkvs with mkvtoolnix, load the first mkv and then append the rest, make a new mkv and convert it with your software.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Format Factory also will convert MKV to AVI...use it all the time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can also use winff (or ffmpeg with another gui). You can do a passthrough preset to avoid reconverting. That is of course assuming the video in the file is actually supported by your playback unit. You can use gspot or mediainfo to identify the original codec used in the mkv video. If the video codec and resolution are not compatible to your playback unit than you will have to completely reencode the file and not simply remux it into avi.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote