VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi, if possible can someone please tell me of any easy to use software that can download videos from channel 5/ demand 5 videos

URL. http://www.channel5.com/shows/the-walking-dead/episodes/episode-1-657

thank you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can read the two large topics which describe the various softwares and methods to record streams.

However, if the streams are protected, and many are these days, no commercial software will be able to grab them since they respect the copy-protection.

And I just checked the Ch5 stream. It IS copy-protected. You best option then is to record the screen(screen-capture) as the video plays.
    Quote Quote  
  3. hi, i can download the videos using a full copy of riptiger but the .flv file will not play I have tried to play them with too media players
    and it says the file is corrupt

does anyone how to make the file play?

thanks

I would like to download the streams and not do a screen capture
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok. I was also able to 'download' it with tube-digger.

Does it play ? No. The file-header looks fine - 41 mins * 25 fps but playing does not even give a single frame.

All sorts of possibilities. CPRM/DRM etc etc. The 'download' could simply be a whole lot of zeros. Look at the file in a hex editor.

Can not convert it either. About to hit the bin.
    Quote Quote  
  5. thanks for the reply.

does anyone know if the rtmpdump program can download it? I would try myself but have no idea how to use it
    Last edited by blade2005; 18th Aug 2014 at 05:28.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is a topic on here that explains how that program works.

There is also a utility rtmpexlorer that works with the above to make it somewhat easier.

But you are missing the point. The stream has playback/copy-protection. So even if you could download it with that it still will not play.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!