VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. For example, you have a HDTV version of an episode, and there's only DVDRip subtitle for it in your language .
    When there is already HDTV subtitle in English.
    All what I need to do is to sync the Arabic DVDRip subtitle to the English HDTV subtitle.

How to sync Arabic subtitle to match English subtitle since they both have the same number of lines?
    Any program can just copy text from line1 in Arabic sub and paste it in line1 in English without changing its timing??
    Coz knowledge is everything... left ;)
    http://mriddler.blogspot.com
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Subtitle Workshop can do this with Roman fonts, don't know if it can with Arabic.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use Subtitle Workshop4 beta 4. First I open english sutitles, then I open Edit menue-Timings-Adjust-Adjust-Subtitles(or Ctrl+B). In opened window you see time when first and last subtitle start. Then I open estonian subtitles in Subtitle Workshop and change (Crtl+B)first and last subtitle start time similar to english ones. But always you need to be sure that first and last subtitles in both languages are same. For example sometimes estonian subtitles begins with the name of movie. Then before adjusting I delite first row.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    An easier way (at least in version 2.51):
    Open the sub with the correct text.
    "Edit/Timings/Adjust/Adjust to synchronized subtitles" and select the sub with the correct times.

As above, make sure that the first and last subs really do correspond.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by videoants View Post
    I use Subtitle Workshop4 beta 4. First I open english sutitles, then I open Edit menue-Timings-Adjust-Adjust-Subtitles(or Ctrl+B). In opened window you see time when first and last subtitle start. Then I open estonian subtitles in Subtitle Workshop and change (Crtl+B)first and last subtitle start time similar to english ones. But always you need to be sure that first and last subtitles in both languages are same. For example sometimes estonian subtitles begins with the name of movie. Then before adjusting I delite first row.
    Thank you very much for your reply, I already know this one.
    It goes in details like this

1) File => Load Subtitle / Ctrl+O
    And then open the file to be modified, which is Arabic one

2) Edit => Timings => Adjust => Adjust Subtitles... / Ctrl+B
    And Copy first and last timings from the English correct file.

3) File => Save / Ctrl+S
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
    "Edit/Timings/Adjust/Adjust to synchronized subtitles" and select the sub with the correct times.

This is what I was seeking as there's a lot of files
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post

Yes, It works fine if for example estonian and english subtitles have same number of rows and they mutch one by one. I've used this method only once because estonian internet subtiles have often different numer of rows. And it's because most of them are translated by hearing, not by english text subtitles.
    Quote Quote