VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Does MPC have an ordinary user-friendly way to change brightness, contrast and saturation like VLC Player does? (on VLC under Tools > Effects and Filters, or ctrl-E)

AFAIK MPC only has extremely technical menus for things like renderers and filters and decoders that require highly advanced digital video experience. I have none of that and I have no idea what a renderer, filter or decoder is and learning is not an option because I don't have the time to become a professional digital video editor. If there's anything other than a simple slider that says "brightness", I won't be able to use it.

For that matter - is this the best forum for MPC? I spent a long time digging around the internet. There's one MPC forum at Sourgeforge that is completely dead (a couple posts *per year*) and I can't find anything more focused on MPC than this one.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    Options > Miscellaneous
    Click image for larger version

Name:	mpc-be-color-controls.jpg
Views:	24251
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	24458
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Gravitator View Post
    Hi,
    Options > Miscellaneous
    [/ATTACH]
    Thanks. I never would have thought to look there!
    Quote Quote  
  4. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by planetrock View Post
    Originally Posted by Gravitator View Post
    Hi,
    Options > Miscellaneous
    Probably because
    Originally Posted by planetrock View Post
    learning is not an option
    for you
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by planetrock View Post
    Originally Posted by Gravitator View Post
    Hi,
    Options > Miscellaneous
    [/ATTACH]
    It appears to get the colour controls to work you'll need to be using either the VMR9, EVR or MadVR renderer. You can check which renderer is set under the Output section in options. If you change renderers you'll need to restart MPC-HC.

Speaking of the colour controls....
    I've never been able to get them to work regardless of the renderer. I've not bothered caring though because I'd rarely use them, but seeing as the subject's come up..... does anyone know if they should work when running XP?
    Quote Quote  
  6. There are proc amp controls in the graphics card's Control Panel applet. That applet can block MPCHC from changing its proc amp controls.

Name:	proc.jpg
Views:	21832
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	24460
    Last edited by jagabo; 11th Apr 2014 at 20:30.
    Quote Quote  
  7. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    Speaking of the colour controls....
    I've never been able to get them to work regardless of the renderer. I've not bothered caring though because I'd rarely use them, but seeing as the subject's come up..... does anyone know if they should work when running XP?
    They work fine under XP, as long as the video card and its drivers are O.K.
    Quote Quote  
  8. LOL! Thanks guys. Now I feel silly. It's the video card drivers.

I have the video card set to expand TV levels to PC levels, and it didn't occur to me that'd be stopping MPC-HC from adjusting brightness/contrast etc, but it's all or nothing in the Nvidia control panel.

I guess that's somewhere else planetrock could adjust things rather than use the player to do it. jagabo's provided an example of the Intel Control Panel. The Nvidia one looks like this on XP.

Name:	nvidia.gif
Views:	22864
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	24461
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!