VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have a curious problem with my Authoring Works 4 (to latest version). It will burn a BD-RE no problem every time. But when I render a Blu-ray project in SONY Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 11 HD and save it, for authoring later in Works 4 to a BD-R I get the following. When I reach the authoring step where the software asks for me to insert the media I wish to write to, and I insert the BD-R it tries to format the disk to BD-RE and I can't stop it. Then it goes through the analysing stage and at the end a warning comes up that my disk is not writable. Works 4 seems to think the disk is a BD-RE no matter what. The funny thing is, if I put that in my home theatre Panasonic digital recorder it will happily burn a program to the disk and it idents it as a writable BD-R. The media I am trying to use is Verbatim BD-R 6X printable. My drive is the Pioneer BDR-207D. What am I missing???
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Don't use tmpgenc authoring works to burn your bd-r,use imgburn instead,much more reliable.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I took your advice to see how Image Burn would work and downloaded and installed it on my Win 7 64bit system. Problem first up has stopped me in my tracks. The program freezes when you try to exit it, and has a message in the bottom left corner of the ImgBurn screen 'Saving settings' but finally a box comes up Not responding. Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Could be your burner not resonding with the media in the drive,sometime bad burned or poor media will cause this type of problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This was just opening ImgBurn to see what was in it. It detected my both Blu-ray writer drives. Never got to putting a disk in the drive. Both drives are recent eg Pioneer BDR207 and LG BH10LS30 all to latest versions of software. Looked at ImgBurn forum, no help. I do agree with you that the new Verbatim 6x BD-R disks are proving a bit of an issue with regards to drive compatability. Thats what I understood when contacting TMPGEnc over the problem mentioned above. Next step go back to 2X disks I think, they used to be no problem!!!
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Never had a problem with the new verbatim 6x,a newer firmware can fix that problem,is imgburn crashing all the time or just that first time?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The 6X disks from Verbatim as I understand have this LTH technology hard coating. I have seen mention on some web info which sites this as a problem for some writers. My main thrust is to get someone to respond to my Authoring Works 4 inital query. I am not so concerned with free software that has problems, but I paid for Works 4 which has been very satisfactory till BD-R 6X disks came along. My Pioneer BDR207 specs refers to 6X LTH disks so I should have no probs their. My main query is why will Works 4 attempt to format a BD-R 6X to BD-RE when its asks you for the disk to be put in the drive that you want to write to. I have 5 coasters to prove it!!! I will followup the ImgBurn problem with their support site. Thanks for your responses, cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    My first burn with the verabatin 6x LTH failed so i downloaded the latest firmware for my LG BH10LS30 and after i updated it the next one burned with no issues with imgburn.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hey thats the same as one of my two drives. My one is at version 1.01 so there may be hope yet, cheers.
    Quote Quote