VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    I am new to this group but I have this weird problem and I don't know if
    it is the player or the burner...

I have many vcd that I burnt to play in my RCA player. Works just great (about 15 vcds)

But now I am having issues that when I burn the new cd-rw they start playing but through the video the player is spinning and the video stops and then starts again and so on...

This only started this week. I have bought two sets of cd-rw ( one set name that I have used before verbatim ( works great for the other 15 vcds) and also Memorex...

Both give the same problem. I have tried the burn on 4x and 2x but it does not fix the issue

Anyone have any ideas what the problem is here.
    It is by burner? My player? or ?

Thanks

Kevin

P.S. I hope this is the right group if not please no flames
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Some players don't play CD-RW but CD-R. Try using CD-R and see if that helps.

:P
    Quote Quote  
  3. Also, have you updated any of the software that you used to author your VCDs? In most cases, updates are good, but I've always viewed my VCD process as "fragile".

Premiere>Virtual Dub(audio to wave)>TMPGEnc>VCDEasy>CDRWIN
    With this much going on, there's plenty of room for error.

Therefore, my motto is: you shouldn't fix (or update) something if it ain't broken. In some cases, newer software has lowered the compatibility of the VCDs I produced. Just something to be cautious of. I try to keep the old reliable versions of programs on hand in case I need to roll back.

Of course, I haven't made a VCD since I bought my DVD burner. Mmmmmmmm, what a spectacular piece of equipment.
    Quote Quote