VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    If I subscribe to a streaming videosite can I download the video to my HD and what format are the streams in? Can I convert them to a format viewable on my movie storage disc?
    Save water---Shower with a friend!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Enthus View Post
    If I subscribe to a streaming videosite can I download the video to my HD and what format are the streams in?
    It depends on the site. Usually ASF, FLV or MP4. But many sites go to great extents to make it hard for you to download and keep a copy.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/311893-How-to-download-flash-video-RTMP-RTMPE-strea...-free-software

Originally Posted by Enthus View Post
    Can I convert them to a format viewable on my movie storage disc?
    Yes.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you !
    Save water---Shower with a friend!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Murphy's law taught me everything I know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Getflv is a paysoftware that should also work - similar to streamtransport.

If these sites you are interested in are similar to youtube you can try any number of the free youtube downloaders that are out there. They might work with them.

And in the end if you have troubles getting the videos you can do screen capturing while the video plays. Unfortunately if there is a buffer delay or a graphic popup you'll capture those too. There are countless screen capture apps to look into as well - payware and freeware (tunebite is one such payware option to check out).

Edit - as far as converting format factory is a good option. Winff can do it as well.

You can use gspot or mediainfo to identify the codec used. If you end up getting a flv and need mp4 to play in a xbox 360 or ps3 or wdtv player you can remux codecs like divx/xvid and h264 int a mp4 container without reencoding the video. However if its actually flash video than most likely it will have to be completely reencoded not just remuxed (that will likely incur some quality loss whereas remuxing is just taking the video and audio and sticking them in a new container - ie flv to mp4 without altering the video/audio inside).
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote