VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I'm looking for a software to go with my new USB capture device I got from StarTech. It came with a program called GrabBee, but I've noticed that the quality's not too great, even capturing at 8200kbps, i still get weird frames (especially due to interlace) where if I try to deinterlace it, the fields always get blended due to the low quality of the interlace lines.

And I've tried to see if it would work with other softwares, but a lot of them can't detect by USB device.

So I was wondering if anyone knew a good device? Preferably that allows me to capture into DVD MPEG2 format?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    see if virtualdub can find the device. there is a plugin for mpeg-2.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    VDub doesn't recognize it
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Power Director 8/9 will recognize flawless. Record in MPEG2@25000 bitrate.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    see if virtualdub can find the device. there is a plugin for mpeg-2.
    Plugin to record MPEG2 in VD??

Tell me.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    my mistake, the capture portion doesn't use the plugins... i always used powerdirector to capture to mpeg-2 if that was what i needed.

if you install the Cedocida dv codec it should at least get you to DVavi with virtualdub capturing.
    Last edited by aedipuss; 10th Aug 2011 at 09:55.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ChibiBoi View Post
    Hi, I'm looking for a software to go with my new USB capture device I got from StarTech. It came with a program called GrabBee, but I've noticed that the quality's not too great, even capturing at 8200kbps, i still get weird frames (especially due to interlace) where if I try to deinterlace it, the fields always get blended due to the low quality of the interlace lines.

And I've tried to see if it would work with other softwares, but a lot of them can't detect by USB device.

So I was wondering if anyone knew a good device? Preferably that allows me to capture into DVD MPEG2 format?
    VLC 2.0.3 can detect the StarTech SVID2USB2 device. I got far better results than GrabBee by using VLC's MPEG-2 even at 6000 Kbps. And all this was done on my cheap laptop (Gateway NE56R, Win 7 Familial Premium x64, Intel Celeron CPU B820 Dual-Core 1.7 GHz with only 4 Gb RAM, USB 2.0 port).
    Quote Quote