VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone use one of these players and knows how to get it started properly?
    Have attached pdf manual for reference.
    Many thanks for any help given.
    Merry Xmas

cyclone%20user%20manual.pdf
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Assuming you have it properly connected. What exactly are you having trouble doing?
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there thanks for your help so far (been away last night so haven't had time to get on pc).
    Basically the way i look at it i think you just make 3 folders on the Cyclone hard drive 1 Movies,1 music and 1 photo.
    Am i right?
    Also when i turn on my Sumvision Cyclone for the first time all i get is a blue led screen with no text on it(the picture in the manual shows information on it.
    Is this right also?
    Also on the disc that comes with it,it has a Fat 32 tool for Xp.
    Do i have to reformat the media player with this as when you look in my computer,properties it shows up as already being as Fat 32?

Could someone please explain exactly what they did once they got it out of the box to get it all set up and working properly.
    Sorry for all the questions its that i got this off of Ebay last week and want to make sure it is fully working before i give any feedback.
    Many thanks for all your help once again so far!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Never heard of this player and as far as I know it's not sold in the USA. I'm guessing that the FAT32 tool program is for use with things like USB drives or other disk drives that are not in FAT32 format. So I don't think it's necessary to reformat the disk that came with it to FAT32 if your PC says it's in FAT32 format already.

I find the fact that you get a blue screen with no text troubling and it may indicate a problem with the device. From looking at the guide you provided, this does not seem to be expected behavior.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Humbug
    Basically the way i look at it i think you just make 3 folders on the Cyclone hard drive 1 Movies,1 music and 1 photo.
    Am i right?
    I don't know that particular player. But usually with this type of player you don't have to have three separate folders for the different file types. The initial menu is simply to specify what activity you want. So, if you select Movies the player will only show you video files, regardless of where they are on the drive. If you want to switch to playing music you have to go back to the root menu and select music. Now it will only show music files as you navigate through different folders. Of course, it doesn't hurt to segregate your video, music, and photos into separate folders. If you're going to have thousands of files on the drive it makes sense to organize them in some way to make it easier to find what you want.

Originally Posted by Humbug
    Also when i turn on my Sumvision Cyclone for the first time all i get is a blue led screen with no text on it(the picture in the manual shows information on it.
    Is this right also?
    Is the USB cable plugged in? Note the manual (in the Connect Player To TV section) says "When player is connected to computer through USB port (PC mode), the TV output signal will be disconnected..." It's not exactly clear if this means just having a USB cable plugged into the unit disables the video output, or if it means the cable must be plugged in, the computer on, and the drive mounted. In any case, I'd try unplugging the USB cable from the unit to be sure. If you still get nothing on the screen the player may be DOA.

Originally Posted by Humbug
    Also on the disc that comes with it,it has a Fat 32 tool for Xp.
    Do i have to reformat the media player with this as when you look in my computer,properties it shows up as already being as Fat 32?
    If it shows up as FAT32 you shouldn't have to reformat it. But sometimes, if a drive was once been formatted with some other file system, or has been set up with multiple partitions, this type of device has trouble finding the correct partition. Formatting with the vendor supplied utility shouldn't hurt.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Finally got it on.
    Only problem is that when i look at main menu via tv.
    It says no hdd detected!
    I take it that this means no hard drive detected.
    Very strange as whilst connected via usb it shows up perfectly as a 1TB hard drive Fat 32.
    Any ideas on what's happening?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  7. It would help if you said what you did to get it working and what you've tried already.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All i did was reformat with fat 32 tool on cd manual and check all video and audio connections.
    Can get to main menu page via tv but just flashes "NO HDD DETCTED".
    Quote Quote  
  9. Did you disconnect the USB cable? Turn off the device. Disconnect the USB cable. Attach the AV cables to the TV. Turn on the device.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This player needs a hard drive in order to work have you physically installed a hard drive ?
    Quote Quote  
  11. I don't see how he could have formatted with FAT32 if a drive wasn't installed!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I ran into a similar problem, and hope someone can help. I purchased a new HDD player w/ 320gb to replace my old 100gb player. When I hook up the player to my computer via usb, it shows all folders and all files in the folders (about 20 folders). I can play/watch each file on my computer. But when I connect the player to my TV, it does not show all folders, only 5. I have reformatted the player (NTFS), and have transferred back all the files from my external HD, with the same results. I'm thinking of reformating using FAT32, but when I use disk management, there is only the NTFS option for the HDD player. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had this solved. I reformatted the HDD player (FAT32) copied all the files again, and now I can see all of them when I connect my player to TV. I used a software called format32.exe, caused XP will not format a huge drive, it will give you an error "the volume is too large for fat32."
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there, I have a similar problem. Thought it was because I was using a Mac but apparently not. Anyway, did you reformatted your drive then? Using the Cd that came with... the problem is that the CD does not play on my macbook pro since it is mini CD but mac computers can reformat drivers using disk utility. I was afraid of loosing everything. Anyway, just got a Sumvision Cyclone Media Player and connected to my mac computer. It found the drive called as "New Volume". Open the folder and had different folders inside: Movies, Music, Pictures, System Volume Information. If I get into the folders as for example "Movies" files I cannot drag any files to the folders since a message comes for example: The item "XXXXX.avi" could not be moved because "New Volume" cannot be modified. What should I do? So do I need to erase and reformat the drive or what? Desperate here. Thank you.

Just editing my post here.
    Got the Cyclone to work... just reformatted the drive in Fat 32 with my mac and everything worked fine.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    I have a Sumvision Cyclone HD HDMI. The other night i changed a screen setting, the screen went blank and now we have nothing but blue screen.
    The remote doesnt work, but this hasnt been a problem in the past cus we just use the buttons on the front. We have the instrucrtion book but unfortuantely when navigating the menus we are doing it completely blind.

My questions to you guys is ....

Can any body navigate me through the menus so i can
    a. Navigate me back to the screen setup page?
    b. reset the machine to factory setting.

please ?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by absolute View Post
    Hi

With unit switched on (blue led lit) ;

1. Press "Setup"
    2. Press "Up" arrow
    3. Press "Right" arrow
    4. Press "Enter"

Voila, it's reset !!
    Quote Quote  
  17. hi i also have a problem setting up my cyclone multi media player ive got it all plugged in the hadr drives show up on computer but the screen stays the same on tv just says cyclone hd sumvision but it doesnt go to menu like it says it supposed to after a few seconds any help appreciated
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by absolute View Post
    Hi
    I have a Sumvision Cyclone HD HDMI. The other night i changed a screen setting, the screen went blank and now we have nothing but blue screen.
    The remote doesnt work, but this hasnt been a problem in the past cus we just use the buttons on the front. We have the instrucrtion book but unfortuantely when navigating the menus we are doing it completely blind.

My questions to you guys is ....

please ?
    some have a Button on the remote itself you need to press and hold to reset the screen settings in such a case..

otherwise, you may have to take it to a tv shop with a bigger screen to access the settings and revert them to a lower resolution or refresh rate
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bodyfortress View Post
    hi i also have a problem setting up my cyclone multi media player ive got it all plugged in the hadr drives show up on computer but the screen stays the same on tv just says cyclone hd sumvision but it doesnt go to menu like it says it supposed to after a few seconds any help appreciated
    the menu should be independent of the HDD, you dont need an HDD to get to the Menu.. it could be that its freezing when it tries reading it.. so try disconnecting the HDD and see if that fixes the problem..

try pushing the power button on the remote. its often independent of the machine power control

if that doesnt help, try powering it off for a while before trying again.. otherwise.. i'd take it back and ask the guy in the shop

i suggest buying an external USB cradle rather than unscrewing and installing a drive, if your machine doesnt have a quick release drive cartridge

and i suggest formatting the drive in NTFS on your computer,rather than fat from your media player
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    also, i would start with a new drive, or at least get your drive tools from your drive manufacturer and do a very deep low-level format so as to remove all windows crap from it
    Quote Quote