VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi!

I've come across some DVD-Rs with what I believe are Mitsubishi chemicals IDs. Both come in 10 box spindels. could anybody confirm the origin of these discs?

Barges 8X MCC02RG20

Euro Shopper MCC03RG20. The Euro shopper is labelled as 1-8X speed but 16X appears underneath the disc and Nero burns these at 16X without problems. The top of the disc is covered completely in blue paint, could it be a rebranded disc? I tried looking at the top of the disc from the side but could not spot any covered previous logos. It seems the discs are from czech Republic.
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I've check this site before posting. No, I could not find any of the 2 brands.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by avextraxjp
    I've check this site before posting. No, I could not find any of the 2 brands.
    MCC uses this code for a lot of different brands, including Verbatim. These discs are fine. However, I do not recommend burning them at 16x. They are sold as 8x discs for a reason. You can't burn reliably at higher speeds although such burns might work from time to time. The only thing you need to know is that MCC made them and they are good discs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. They could be anything. The media code means nothing as it could be fake. Around the inner-hub should be some numbers and letters, can you post those here?
    Quote Quote  
  5. The Barges DVD-R does not contain any codes on the disc while the European Shopper's: DVD-R16X M33-16020
    Quote Quote  
  6. They are not genuine MCC media. Fake. Sorry.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by negritude
    They are not genuine MCC media. Fake. Sorry.
    How do you tell?
    could you post your source here. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by avextraxjp
    Originally Posted by negritude
    They are not genuine MCC media. Fake. Sorry.
    How do you tell?
    could you post your source here. Thanks.
    i don't think he will.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How about the batch spindle numbers. For instance, the ones I have on these new Verbatim 16X +R are:

PAPA25LJ10235084 5

ZD9848-DVR-T47D

The first set of numbers are on the side with the lettering on the inner ring of the spindle hole.
    The second set of numbers should be on the dark ring just before the spindle hole on the surface side of the disc. There was a site listing the numbers for legit product based on these batch/production numbers but it seems to have escaped me at the present. Let us know what the ones on your discs are like. Oh yes, you'll need a magnifying glass to be able to read the numbers.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Mix of FAKE MEDIA or OVERPRINT MEDIA (discs that failed QC and were sold for crap markets).

It's not a good disc, or even close to it.

This information comes directly from Verbatim Europe, just FYI.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote