VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I know there a lot of mkv converters out there and have even gone thru the guides and programs suggested here.
    Whether freeware or shareware i would like to know whether there atre programs that input mkv format and output an PASL/NTSC dvd ready mpg file and also giving me the possibility of adjusting the output size to say 4000 MB leaving 300 Gb for post production (eg menu authoring) which i do on another program Videostudio that does not input mkv... and conversions from mkv to avi and then on to dvd may proovre to be more lossy tthan a single conversion to target format
    Opinions suggestions advice and recommendations solicited please
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AVStoDVD. You can alter the encoding parameters to get the correct bitrate for your size constraints, and also output elementary streams ready for authoring elsewhere
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Also with avstodvd you can create basic menus and get a ready to burn video_ts folder too. I'm not sure how advanced the menu editor is in avstodvd as I've only made static menus with it.

multiavchd is another program that accept mkvs as inputs and create sd dvds. It has a pretty robust menu creation system. Though multiavchd is a bit more complex in terms of its menu layout and where stuff is compared to avstodvd.

Both are free however.

And yes you can import the mpeg file from avstodvd to whatever authoring program you want if you don't want to use its internal menu system - but it's there if you want to.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. How important is avisynth to avs2dvd as i get a message saying that it is not present on my system when i start up AVStoDVD and it further says that some functions will not be performed in its absence (or something to that extent). Is there any harm if i install avisynth and keep it on my system

I also hope that all 3 of the above programs work and have full compatibility with 7 win (32) OS

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is no harm installing Avisynth. It is one the best investments in video software you can make, and it's free.

I have AVStoDVD (and all it's components) running happily on multiple Windows 7 machines.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote