VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi to all,
    Can anyone help me to get the most from this tv I have inherited, For some reason it has no headphone socket but has various other input & outputs such as Hdmi, pc audio in, pc rgb in, rg in,ypbpr, av in, coax out,ci card,av in and normal size usb.
    Questions ,Can I connect headphones, auxillary speakers and a pc laptop/netbook ( Asus X102BA 4GB 500GB Windows 8 Netbook) I appreciate I will prob need to buy items.
    The sound is pretty useless even tweaking it through menu.
    Any answers could you provide item part numbers and sources with cost estimates please, I am reasonably comp literate but gradually losing it as am now in my 60's and losing touch!!! You know how it is, but appreciate you guys knowledge and info.
    Thanking you so much in advance.
    regards davy
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    According to the manual, it has
    1. HDMI in
    2. HDMI in
    3. SCART in (with component & composite adapters)
    4. "PC Audio in" (aka 3.5mm TRRS stereo line in)
    5. "PC RGB in" (aka VGA in)
    6. "RF in" (aka Cable/Coax in)
    And that's it. IOW, there are NO output jacks AT ALL on that TV, whether for video, audio, data, etc. And I see no USB (unless they're on the side and not listed in the extremely short manual).

Assuming that is correct, with that in mind, your only option is to use this TV strictly as a monitor, being driven from a HDMI-capable digital receiver/switcher (with all the main inputs going into IT). Then the sound would be coming from the receiver into its speakers. And I am sure it would also have a headphone jack (I don't know of ANY modern receivers that don't).

The laptop connection is for things coming out of the laptop? or going in? What ports are available on the laptop?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for replying, as you requested
    computer Interfaces: 1 x COMBO audio jack; 1 x mini D-sub 15 pin VGA port; 1 x USB 3.0 port; 2 x USB 2.0 ports; 1 x RJ45; 1 x HDMI; 1 x AC input; 2-in-1 card reader (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC

there is a standard usb on the side of the tv. do you need anything else?

I know its a bit sparse but got it for nowt and just want to make the best of it and any advice to do that would be great, am not avail till tomorrow but anything else you need i will provide asp
    Thanks so much
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    By the way, although slightly odd , there is no headphone jack at all!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @dandavy, when you say "computer interfaces", I assume you mean "these are the ports that are available on my laptop", yes?

What do you exactly mean when you say "combo audio". Is it input? output? both? in what format? (RCA, 3.5mm, Toslink,...). I assume the VGA & HDMI are output-only, yes?

BTW, if that "combo" audio jack is for both In and Out, I would assume THAT is where you get your "headphone out" sound.

Again, how are you intending to connect your laptop to the tv? as an extra source? (laptop out->tv in) or as a recorder (tv out->laptop in). The former sounds pretty easy to do with VGA+3.5mm connections, possibly with HDMI connection. The latter is pretty much impossible with that tv.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!