VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have many .TS rips from my D* DVRs at 1920x1080i via Hauppauge 1212 HD PVR. I have tried using multiAVCHD, tsMuxer and TotalMedia Studio to author, then ImgBurn to burn to disc.

multiAVCHD and tsMuxer playback fine on my PC, but on my BDP-S550 the playback is extremely choppy and on my BDP-S300 the disc will jump a few seconds at times. At that point I rewind to the same spot and it doesn't do it, so it's hard to pinpoint that problem.

With TotalMedia Studio everything plays fine everywhere, but said program doesn't offer a time display on authored discs for some reason. That's not necessarily a big deal but it kind of is. The program also lacks in other areas as far as advanced authoring goes, which I may or may not care about, dependant on the content of the disc.

I thought the unpredictable playback with the first two programs may be because the files are 1920x1080i and the resulting discs are 1080/60p, but it's that way for the 3rd program as well that plays fine, so I am leaning towards the source resolution not being the problem.

Does anyone know what would be causing these issues with the first 2 programs and if not, is there another FREE program besides the 3 that I can try to get at least dependable playback with a time display and a pop-up menu if I want to include it?

Many thanks for reading this and trying to help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had similar results with my 1212 PVR and MultiAVCHD if I created an AVCHD disk and wrote it to DVD. However, when I created a "Blu-ray" on DVD it worked perfectly. My best guess is that the 1212 video is interlaced and that caused the choppy playback as an AVCHD.
    Quote Quote  
  3. It was still choppy with BD-R, but I don't recall if I used MultiAVCHD or tsMuxer for the BD-R test. I will give your method a shot with a short file and post my findings.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Still choppy on the BDP-S550 but plays fine on the BDP-S300. I think it plays fine on the latter because it connects to an older TV that can only output 1080i, whereas the former is connected to a newer 1080p unit.

On the BDP-S300 it shows the source format as 1080/60i so I even tried switching the BDP-S550 to "source" and also 1080i, but it still shows 1080/60p. Perhaps because the TV is upconverting? I can't say for sure, but it sounds like the interlacing source is causing the playback issues. I wonder how TME can create perfect discs though since it still shows 1080/60p.

This is all a headache. If I only knew then (when I ripped the files from the DVRs) what I know now, I probably would've chosen 720p.

Any other ideas or am I stuck with TME?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I too have experienced the identical problem except with a Sony BX-2.

Here is the thread: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/314742-Success-creating-and-playing-AVCHD-discs-on-Sony-BDP-S360-(BDP-BX2). I am now using VideoReDo for editing (cutting beginning and end) and have posted the problem on their forum to no avail.

Interestingly enough, these problem discs for the Sony play fine on Panasonic players.

Sure wish someone could solve this probem.

wwaag
    Quote Quote  
  6. I would like to think that I could choose the output resolution in these programs myself. I tried searching through the menus and didn't find anything. If I could do that then I have a feeling all will be well. Is there a spot to order the program to create a 1080/60i disc, or maybe it is already and my TV is just upconverting it? I have some factory Blus that are 1080i and have no issues with playback, so I really don't know what's going on here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks for the link, wwaag. Reading though the thread it sounds like the issue is the deinterlace method which hopefully can get sorted soon.
    Quote Quote  
  8. BFF deinterlacing is now added in multiAVCHD.

More here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1379639#post1379639

Please if you can test it and share the results.
    Laugh and the world will laugh with you. Cry and you will be alone
    Quote Quote