VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Hi

I'm having a little trouble. I have a TS. file that I'd like to convert to MPG2, I used various programmes to do this, but for some reason after conversion the picture is grey and the picture is flickering, but there is sound.

The TS. file itself plays well, it's just after it's been converted.

Can anyone advise me please ?

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. post the specs of the .ts from gspot or mediainfo.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DuBsTaR
    Hi

I'm having a little trouble. I have a TS. file that I'd like to convert to MPG2, I used various programmes to do this, but for some reason after conversion the picture is grey and the picture is flickering, but there is sound.
    What did you use to convert the TS? I'm assuming that the TS already contains an MPEG2 stream (but as minidv2dvd asks, please post what gspot says, just so we can be sure). That said, MPEG Streamclip usually does a great job of converting TS into "normal" MPEG; it's just a file format change, so no encoding takes place (so it's fast, and there's no quality loss). You can also ignore any complaint about needing the Apple MPEG2 component; that's needed only if you need to play the clip with Streamclip. It will still convert it correctly without this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Cheers guys. I will look into it and post back the info. I'll give the other software you mentioned a try first.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I've attached the information that mediainfo gave.

text.txt
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It has AVC (H264) video, so it has to be converted, and not simply repackaged.

It might help if you told us what software you are trying to use.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. ok, it's an mpeg-4 with polish audio. you might try avidemux to convert it to mpeg-2.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, it looks like Streamclip ain't going to do it for you. As the others have already noted, you will have to do a full transcode into MPEG2.

Instead of making us guess, tell us what you have already tried, including what settings you used, etc. AND what you used to play the result. Sometimes what you think is a problem with the source is actually a problem with the playback software, or vice-versa. The more you tell us, the more likely it is that we can give you a good answer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I have used SUPER, also HDTV2DVD, none gave any good results. I always use VLC
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would try AVI Demux as suggested above.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You still seem determined not to provide much detail. That said, I agree that AVIDemux is a great suggestion.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by tomlee59
    You still seem determined not to provide much detail. That said, I agree that AVIDemux is a great suggestion.
    To be honest using the settings in SUPER, they were on default settings, HDTV2DVD was pretty straight forward.

I have just installed AViDemux, I have loaded up the file, but where do I start the process ? I have selected the output as well.
    Quote Quote  
  13. the easiest thing to try is to click video select dvd, click audio select ac3, click format select mpeg-ps(a+v). then click save video and let it convert it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Excellent, it's managed to convert, only being that it's playing in slight slow motion and the audio is there playing fine. Any ideas ?
    Quote Quote  
  15. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    did you convert to 25fps? check under video->frame rate in avidemux.

Or if you are converting to dvd then use convertxtodvd or dvd flick(free) or FAVC (FREE) and load the ts, convert, burn, done.
    Quote Quote  
  16. try playing it with something else? powerdvd mpc vlc ...
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I tried VLC originally, slow motion, should I change the frame rate and try again ?
    Quote Quote  
  18. just make sure the output framerate matches the source file.
    Quote Quote